Thread: Drum grounding wire with a fiber drum

Drum grounding wire with a fiber drum

Hi all,

I ordered a fiber drum with my dust gorilla pro and the manual says the following:

"To attach the DrumGrounding Wire, starta small hole in bottomof cone above flexhose and in the top ofthe dust drum, thenattach the wire withthe 3/8” included selftappingscrews. "

When I read that statement I believe they are referring to attaching it to the actual fiber drum itself, not the lid.

If that's the case, am I really adding any value by grounding a fiber drum?

I don't want to drill a hole in my cone if it's not going to add any value. Wouldn't the drum have to be steel to ground it?

Thank you.

I've never grounded any of my DC and never had an issue - see the thread in this forum about Bad Science which is all about the need (or otherwise) for grounding

That's likely a "CYA" type warning. I've never seen a grounded drum...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Agree with all the responses above, however I have a plastic drum with a metal band clamp. Every time I went to unlatch the clamp I was getting a shock. So I just taped a dire to the metal cyclone and attached it to the metal clamp to eliminate the shock. Not worried about explosion, just didn't like getting zapped every time I went to empty my drum.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

No wires, no grounding, plastic drum, never a shock or even hint of one.... (1.75 hp cyclone)