Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Titanic: best movie ever?

Blog Entries

Titanic: best movie ever?

Flipping channels while on the exercise bike I stumbled across the last 45 minutes of Titanic. Got hooked and watched it to the end. Dang that was a good movie. Probably my 4th time watching it. A&M is running it all day as a Valentine's Day movie.
    NOW you tell me...

It was a good movie however I would consider it maybe only in the best 25.

For me best would be Citizen Kane, followed by 2001 A Space Odyssey, Casablanca, Metropolis, Nosferatu, Dr. Zhivago, boy the list goes on.............Rod.

Regards, Rod.

I never tire of Titanic stuff. So I am heroically staying on board rather than face the fate of thread hijacker. "Nearer to thee e....oops ..." made it back to reality!! I reccomend you also see the 1953 Titanic ,and the one the Natzis made as a propaganda film. Not a bad telling ,just inserts a German ship officer on board who is smarter than everybody else. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Fight Club ranks high with me- although I am not supposed to talk about it. Titanic- meh- it's okay.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, it is not in the top one thousand in my opinion.

Good Will Hunting was better that year.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Highly subjective and difficult to pinpoint as there are many great movies.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Certainly everyone's tastes run differently.
    NOW you tell me...

Titanic Its OK Good Will Hunting oh yea, How Bout Saving Private Ryan, or the Da Vinci Code, theres just so many
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Ah, no.... Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Titanic- meh- it's okay.
    Not sure I would rate it even this high. Just don't care for DiCaprio. For me, Shawshank is one of the best movies ever, though as said earlier, it is tough to settle on just one best movie. The thread about Westerns got me going some and I am in the middle of watching Support Your Local Sheriff right now. I really enjoy James Garner and that movie is just funny.

Avatar is near the top of my list.

+ Shawshank redemption and here's a few others that top my list
    The Patriot, Thin red line, good will hunting, Saving Private Ryan, Heat, Se7en, Goodfellas, 300, Lord of the rings, Gladiator, Braveheart, The green mile
    Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 02-15-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    If you never see Casablanca you've missed the best.
    Strangly, at least for me, it took seeing it twice to really click. There's much to be gained by knowing the end before seeing it in its entirety.
    But, hey, that's just me. I've seen it literally hundreds of times.

For Casablanca fans out there, I recently read that Jack Benny made a cameo appearance somewhere in the film. Anyone know where?

Blog Entries
    By the way, +1 on Shawshank.
    Morgan Freeman rules.

Blog Entries
    A lot of great movies mentioned. I guess my tastes run more to the spectacular with good acting and a good story line. And frankly judging great acting is so subjective, depending on tastes. I could never be a movie critic. Most anything with Morgan Freemen is going to be really good. AARP magazine this month has a article on him. Titanic hits me with the historically tragic story line as well as the effects, the first significant use of wireless on ships, steerage vs elite passengers, the tie in to actual submersible footage and Rose's character 80 years later. And the haunting music. I am not into old movies, but I guess I need to pull up Casablanca (after probably 30 years) and watch it again.
    NOW you tell me...