Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Titanic: best movie ever?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Nah - I don't like to delve too far into the meanings people derive from movies.
    I'm referring to an all together different subject. It isn't a matter of interpreting the movie. Have you watched The Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon? It appears to have been orchestrated to aline itself with the movie. In my opinion there are far too many coincidents to rule out the posibility...the posibility that it was intentional, though that has been denied.
    Try it for yourself if you haven't.

Titanic, like most Cameron directed movies was 45 minutes too long.

Some of my picks.

Best edge of the seat: Silence of the Lambs.

Best Science Fiction: Alien (1979)

Best Western: Cat Ballou (Lee Marvin was great)

Best WWII: Saving Private Ryan
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    So to get back to my question (post #35): "What makes a great movie, and how does that differ from what makes a wildly popular movie?" Never said they were the same.
    Movies are entertainment and the are made to make money. The more entertaining, the more money they make. The broader the appeal, the more money they make. The movies that make the most money are the greatest. Films on the other hand are pretentious. They are made to make a point or for artistic reasons. They don't care if they make money. They want critical approval. I like movies, not films.