Thread: Advice on ClearVue LH/RH and Ducting?

Advice on ClearVue LH/RH and Ducting?

I'm about to order a ClearVue CV1800 and am unclear whether the LH or RH is the right choice for my shop. I would greatly appreciate your advice. I've attached an image with the layout of my shop. I'm planning to vent fine particles outside.

Additionally, if folks have ducting advice for reaching the table saw, jointer/planer, and band saw or any other layout advice, I'd be grateful. This is my first time designing a shop for large stationary tools (as opposed to handheld power tools).

Thanks!

Shop Layout.jpg

Peter, if you're venting outside are you ordering without the filters? Assume so which would allow you to tuck the CV into the corner a little more. I'm intrigued by why everything is set at an angle and it looks like there isn't much clearance for long boards on the JP and wide sheets on the table saw. I'd be tempted to turn them to horizontal and add in max size of materials you expect to work with to help establish how much clearance you really need. As it is, a 2m/6ft board would not go through the JP and loading a sheet (or even half sheet) of ply on the saw could be tricky. Also, I'm assuming there is a door somewhere (on the right between the DC and router?).

On the duct, 6 inch throughout as you have a 6 inch DC inlet and only reduce/use flex at the machine, large radius curves or 45's and try to manage a few feet of straight going into the DC. If you want to calculate the pressure drops from various duct configurations there's a very good spreadsheet on Bill Pentz's website

I would address that question to the folks at Clearvue. They are very helpful and may have some ideas or perspectives that may help you. Great folks to deal with!

I believe that your picture shows a CV1800 LH which is slightly more efficient because the air stream and blower are both spinning in the same direction. A RH cyclone would add a small amount of turbulence as the counterclockwise air stream switches to clockwise at the blower. The folks at Clearvue say the difference is very small and you should just get the one that fits your shop better. The LH version would work for your floorplan.

If you vent outside, you should be able to position it completely in the corner. The output vent can be rotated to any angle before caulking it in place. It could aim straight through the wall.

Steve

Earlier this winter when it was very cold here, my heater could not keep up with my cyclone blowing outside. I have a blast gate to use the filter when needed. I needed it for about a month, as we have had a very mild winter in Kansas. Now it is venting outside again.