Thread: Full inset hidden hinge needed.

Full inset hidden hinge needed.

I'm looking for a full inset hidden hinge that opens the cabinet door wide enough to be out of the way of a drawer. The slides are Blum and there is about 1/2" between the side of the drawer and the cabinet side. Does such a hinge exist and if so who makes it?

Thanks,

Stuart

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 10.45.32 AM.jpg

maybe a 180 degree soss hinge that mortises on the edge of the door? anything like a standard cup hinge will have to have an arm that sticks way out.

Blog Entries
    Soss makes exactly what you need. s-l500.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

If you are still at the design phase--- and haven't built the drawer yet-- you could use a Blum 155 zero-protrusion hinge (B071T7500N) in an inset application by adding a panel or filler block, something like this:

Blum 155 inset 2-16-17.png

I highly recommend doing a mock-up first, to understand all the clearances. And you will have to locate the hinges above and below the drawer, as the door will clear, but not the hinge.