Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lift For Router Table

I went back and forth about a year ago between the Woodpecker and Jessem and went with the Incra Jessem because I thought the thumbwheel on the Woodpecker might not be as friendly for me to adjust. The Jessem has been great for me and I have the 3 1/2 horse Milwaukee router in it.
    I built my cabinet and added Incra's dust box with the cleansweep rings and get excellent dust collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    IMO its hands down the Incra with the CleanSweep magnetic inserts.
    +1 on the Incra. I installed one in a modified Norm cabinet I built and it works great. I have the PC 7518 in it and haven't regretted going with the Incra once.

3. Its interesting..do you pics of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    My table is like Norm's but I incorporated a lift based upon a design in an old American Woodworker. It slides on 1 inch diameter steel rods. Very sturdy. The top hinges up for bit changes. I am very happy with it. Most parts came from McMaster Carr. I think I paid about $100 for the parts.

Home made lift

This doesn't show a lot of detail but it is my router table with home made lift.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here Link to the AW one mentioned above:http://www.popularwoodworking.com/pr...de-router-lift I myself scored a Rockler Jessem FX-II during a Rockler Garage Sale for $40. They had marked it wrong, but the manager said it was there mistake and gave me the price. I really like it. Very easy to do bit changes, very easy to change height when sneaking up on a setting. Only issue is now they have changed plate size, so it will not fit the new tables. I previously had bought different plates to hold different routers. I would just pop out the plate drop the other router in with the new bit. Dan

I am another vote for the Woodpecker. I have the Sidewinder (which is the crank version of the PRL). I have a friend who has the Incra Jessem. I have used it when I am helping him at his shop. It seems just as well built and accurate. I think it will come down to which lift you are the most comfortable with. The Excalibur has received top ratings from several of the publications that review and compare tools. I also like that it has a cast iron top available. Jessem and Woodpecker do not. The only other company that has a cast iron top is Bench Dog, and I wasn't too thrilled with their lift.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Make that two. I have their discontinued Sidewinder version and love it. Same lift but with a cable crank instead of the wheel on the surface. They discontinued because of problems with the cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hosler View Post
    I am another vote for the Woodpecker. I have the Sidewinder (which is the crank version of the PRL). I have a friend who has the Incra Jessem. I have used it when I am helping him at his shop. It seems just as well built and accurate. I think it will come down to which lift you are the most comfortable with. The Excalibur has received top ratings from several of the publications that review and compare tools. I also like that it has a cast iron top available. Jessem and Woodpecker do not. The only other company that has a cast iron top is Bench Dog, and I wasn't too thrilled with their lift.
    I too have the Sidewinder version. I have never had an issue with the cable. It works perfectly and makes adjustments incredibly easy. Too bad it's discontinued.
    I actually have the Incra RT Combo-3 setup which at the time was available with either the Incra plate or a slightly modified Woodpeckers. Instead of the Twist-Lock Rings it uses the magnetic drop in rings from Incra, which I think makes it even better. Then I've got the big old PC 7518 with a remote safety switch mounted to the outside.. The entire thing is all enclosed with storage on the right and dust collection on the left. Here are some photos:

100_1578.jpg 100_1579.jpg 100_1583.jpg 100_1584.jpg
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Stew - what is your fence system? Is the perpendicular piece part of the fence? Thanks. Sam
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hosler View Post
    I have a Woodpecker lift in a Benchdog CI top. I think Woodpecker makes a plate specifically for this top, or else theirs just fits - I bought mine about 6 years ago and don't really remember.

Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
    Stew - what is your fence system? Is the perpendicular piece part of the fence? Thanks. Sam
    Sam--Stew is using an Incra LS-17 with an Incra Wonder Fence. The perpendicular piece is the fence positioner--I usually keep magnetic rule in mine, and then there are 2 or 3 other slots for plastic templates. I keep a movable rule in one slot so I can zero to any bit without adjusting my main rule (set to the center of the router for me), then if applicable the "templates" for what i'm working on at that moment. The cursor is near where the red lever is vertical.

Seems complicated at first--but it's a real easy system to work with. Even for me.
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Sam--Stew is using an Incra LS-17 with an Incra Wonder Fence. The perpendicular piece is the fence positioner--I usually keep magnetic rule in mine, and then there are 2 or 3 other slots for plastic templates. I keep a movable rule in one slot so I can zero to any bit without adjusting my main rule (set to the center of the router for me), then if applicable the "templates" for what i'm working on at that moment. The cursor is near where the red lever is vertical.

Seems complicated at first--but it's a real easy system to work with. Even for me.
    earl
    Thanks Earl - need to check this out.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I just got the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II....I had a Bench Dog and did not like it....The Jessem is one sweet lift.....however....their Customer Service is terrible. I had a couple of questions.....sill waiting for an email response and a phone call....

The Incra version of the Jessem ships with the Jessem manual, which could use some editing. Confusing at times, and the illustrations kind of don't really illustrate what the words are telling you to do. There's an instance of two different steps telling you to do the same thing, while referring to the same part by two different names. Incra responded promptly to my email, though, and admitted they hadn't noticed the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
    Thanks Earl - need to check this out.
    Here you go Sam:

[URL="http://www.incrementaltools.com/Router_Table_Combos_s/37.htm"[/URL]
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty