Thread: Hello and Question about MicroFence Plunge Base

Hello and Question about MicroFence Plunge Base

Hello, this is my first post. I am researching the Micro Fence mini router base ($$!!) and ran across this - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...le-plunge-base
    All I can say is wow! I am inspired by the talent and the friendly atmosphere here!

I would love to hear from anyone that has used the MF base, and if you purchased the dust collection option.

Thank you

(I adjusted your thread title to hopefully encourage more responses - Jim - Forum Moderator)
    ------

Welcome to SMC!

While I have no familiarity with the MicroFence plunge base, I do have other products from them in my shop and can state that their quality is excellent. I've also chatted with Richard a number of times in years past at shows. Their stuff isn't inexpensive, but it's accurately machined from high quality materials.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you Mr. Becker. It does not appear that anyone uses the MF base.

JL

I have the MF base and use it fairly regularly. If you're going to pattern route the DC isn't necessary. If you're free-handing and trying to stay inside a line, the DC is quite helpful.
    AKA - "The human termite"

Josh, welcome to SMC. I can't answer your question directly to the Micro Fence base. I can say that having precise control of the bit depth is very convenient, especially in cutting inlays. I didn't make any provisions for dust control on my home made base but I would bet that the MF option works well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I just used mine to rout a large circle earlier this week. I like it, but don't love it. It is amazingly precise, but I find I have to re-read the instructions every time I use it.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.