Thread: remember me?

remember me?

I sign in, click the remember me button, and use a forum. The next time I go to the Creek, I have to sign in again. I pay dues. Why does this happen?

I believe the 'remember me' is a just a 'flag' to your web browser software (installed on your PC, tablet, etc.). This flag allows your browser to link the SMC website with your logon credentials and when you click in the user name and password fields, your browser will supply your 'remembered' credentials without you having to re-type them.

You still have to initiate the logon process, as you may someday wish to lurk rather than logon...?

Check your SawMill Creek cookie in your browser, you may have to remove it and restore it the next time you visit The Creek.

Blog Entries
    Also try making your shortcut to SMC as "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forum.php" there is an older shortcut that will give you the constant log in error. I had this problem on one of my computers and it took me forever to figure out why that computer wouldn't remember that I stayed logged in until I changed the shortcut.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hmmmm. I can't remember the last time I had to log on. I don't even remember my password and would have to look it up. I am not sure what I did but it works like a charm.

Blog Entries
    You were probably logged in all along. The different URL would take you there.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks all. I think it was the cookie problem. I had some computer problems and technical support deleted all the cookies. I think this was one of them and now that I'm back in the system everything is OK.