Thread: camera used for deep hollowing

camera used for deep hollowing

has anyone used an endoscopy camera for this purpose----if so any info ---type-cost or potential problems to look out for----tks,joe

Funny that you should ask. I saw this when looking at hollowing systems yesterday. I don't know anything about the product but I saw it and thought I would share it with you.

https://www.jtturningtools.com/cuttervision

Quote Originally Posted by joseph moses View Post
    Funny that you should ask. I saw this when looking at hollowing systems yesterday. I don't know anything about the product but I saw it and thought I would share it with you.

https://www.jtturningtools.com/cuttervision

I’m a tech geek and like these sorts of things.
    But this, I would consider: a solution in search of a problem….

Too much tech.

I use a crayon on the monitor screen to show me where the cutter is inside the vessel.
    A little spit and a wipe, after inserting/repositioning the cutter.

You’d have to use up a lot of crayons, before justifying the cost of this….

Last edited by Olaf Vogel; 02-16-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Too much tech?? What is a moniter screen in a turning shop?

That' exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by robert baccus View Post
    Too much tech?? What is a moniter screen in a turning shop?
    I thought the same thing when I saw it. It is a neat idea but I thought that there was too many things that could go bad and need repairs. I ended up ordering the Monster hollowing system with the laser. It seems well liked by fellow creekers.

I think Joe may be wanting to look inside the vase as he is cutting, or just to view the progress, with the endoscopy. The other camera setups view the outside of the vase with the outline of the cutter drawn on the monitor, or a transparency on the monitor, to determine the wall thickness. Under 50 bucks for this setup. Only a simple back up camera, a small 7"monitor, and a plug in power supply. Easy.

I did the same as Glenn, under $70. Works great! Allan Zenreich was a U-Tube clip how to.

I found a cheap wireless security camera for less than $30 off of Amazon. I already had a shop tv and a home made laser mount which was easily converted. Quick and easy and works great!