I liked the Revo 18-36 lathe so much that I took advantage of the Woodcraft sale to purchase the 3HP Laguna Cflux dust collector with the last of my income tax return. It is supposed to arrive on Monday.

Woodcraft had told me that it was on backorder and that it wouldn't ship until March. Feeling a bit depressed I called Laguna to see what a realistic lead time was. A nice young lady answered the phone and referred me to the customer service manager. She told me that he was already on the phone but that if I left a message he would call me back. I got a call back about 10 minutes later and they told me that it was shipped. Laguna has definitely done some work on their customer service. They were quick, professional and polite.

If this dust collector is as nice as the lathe, I am sold on Laguna. I decided to get started on the new duct work while I am waiting. Here is a picture of the first lead going to the table saw. I have also posted a pic of the dust collection parts and the Long Ranger blast gate switch system I plan to use. The dust collection fittings I sourced locally from an HVAC friend. At significant savings over buying online.

I will post an unboxing like I did with the lathe when the dust collector gets here.

411K3+VxJEL._SY355_.jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0692.jpg