Thread: lost charger for orginal airshield

lost charger for orginal airshield

I lost my charger ( wife possibly tidy it away) for my original first generation Airshield

Can anyone suggest a solution other than purchasing an original part from Trend (UK price for replacement charger $58)

Please note I live in the UK but will be visiting the USA for a holiday in July

and we do have 240v in the UK

can you find the connector type and voltage from another owner? Google replacement trend airshield charger and you might find specs. If you find them it's easy to order an aftermarket charger

Mains voltage : 230v
    Consumption : 4w nominal
    Output : 4.2v DC, 300mA
    Weight : 0.2kg

should be super easy to find for less then a dollar on ebay looks like a 4mm plug on it. u can measure the correct plug size from the helmet

Brian,
    I think I may have an old Airshield from my 1990's woodturning days....will have to check my shop crevices. I would be happy to give to you (facemask, charger, battery (likely dead)) if you can use it and are willing to pay shipping...I am sure it is 110v, but a converter may work. bob

Thank you for posts After searching for many hours I have located the charger It was found in the eves of the garage down the side of some small oak offcuts
    In my search I also found 2 boxes of stollen one box of chocolates hiden by the wife( in the bedroom) a padlock(in the loft) and a Stanley 60 1/2 blockplane which has been missing for 12 months ( behind a set of plastic drawers)