Thread: My new to me lathe!

My new to me lathe!

Here's a pic of my new to me lathe. It's a Oneway 2436. It was advertised on Craigslist as 2hp but I later found out it has a 3hp motor. A lot of other good stuff came with the purchase; high quality turning tools, chucks, face plates, etc. The lathe itself exceeded my expectations in quality and is far better than my skills warrant. No excuses now.
    009.jpg

Looks brand new!! Great lathe and sounds like you are ready to give it a workout.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Definitely a gloat worthy purchase Steve. IMO the coolest looking lathe out there.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Wow! Congrats on your new lathe! Looking forward to seeing what you turn with it! Have fun!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Nice! I'm excited for you! I've never seen one of these in person, but they look awesome online! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
    USMC '97-'01

That is plum sexy. Congratulations.

Thanks for the compliments on the lathe. I gave up woodturning a while ago out of frustration and sold my previous Powermatic 3520A as it was consuming too much space. After spending some time reorganizing and rewiring my shop I began looking for another lathe. It bothered me that I gave up on the craft. The Oneway became available a few hundred miles away (nothing is close here) and I thought now is the time to make another go at it. Hopefully I make more progress this time and stick with it. I don't know a lot about other lathes but IMHO this Oneway is one fine piece of equipment. The attention to detail and build quality seems excellent. I certainly have no excuse or reason to complain about not having the right equipment. It's all on me now.

8. Hubba, hubba, drool, etc.....great aquisition! Congrats!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

She's a real beauty. Use it in good health!
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Super lathe and very much underrated I think. Smooth as silk should last for a lifetime.

Steve, congrats on your lathe. I can just dream about something like that. As far as turning, I can tell you I have made some nice firewood starting out. However I get better every time I turn and now have pieces I can display, each one better than the last.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I was hoping to see what the used cost would be. I have a 3520B and like it much. BUT.... someday I will have a 2436. They are just the most appealing lathe there is, in my opinion. Everything I have from oneway is superb. Can't wait to have a lathe.