Thread: Graco HVLP 1Qt cup seal

Graco HVLP 1Qt cup seal

Anyone replaced the seal on their 1Qt cup? I have replacement seals on hand and can't tell if they have adhesive on one side. The seal on the lid looks to be glued in, but searching for info leads to nothing or others saying that their (non-Graco) gun's seal is held by pressure.

I would think adhesives would be at a loss due to lacquer and thinners used? I have a few more uses before I anticipate leaks. My Indian name is "Breaks with Fist". I wanted to make sure I wasn't tearing something up for nothing.

Whatcha know?
    -Lud

I've replaced the seal on a different brand of sprayer. It was not held in by adhesives. When you look at the replacement seal for yours, do you see/feel adhesives?
    Getting the old seal out, it felt like it was held in by an adhesive. It turned out that it was held in by finish which had wicked in around it.

Didn't consider the wicking effect. Once I finish my current project I'll take a closer look. The new seals looked like they may have a peel and stick side but when I attempted picking at it, no luck. It wouldn't make a lot of sense having adhesives because of solvents, but the current seal seems to be well adhered.
    -Lud