Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want these clamps. Another way

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Plus you get Amazon prime tv with it too.
    Worth it for Top Gear err I mean Grand Tour alone...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Come on, Grand Tour is vastly superior to old Top Gear. It's Top Gear with a budget.

Blog Entries
    Says right on the page that you can try Prime free for 30 days. So sign up, get your clamps & then cancel before 30 days. Or just pay for the prime, it's a pretty good deal.

The return policy with Prime can't be beat, IMO. Very few retailers will pay return shipping.

It's a business expense and can be written off. I buy a LOT of tools and accessories through Amazon. My wife is a voracious reader, so she enjoys the Kindle perks as well. I'm not sure what valid argument you have against joining?
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post

Old Top Gears on there now too. Worth it to watch them again and again.

BTW I ordered 4 of those clamps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Takae View Post
    In case you haven't used these clamps before be careful where the handles pivot. When you release the tension there is a nasty pinch point here.
    I have two identical pinches on each hand. My co worker laughed because it was a mirror image on each hand. Gotta be careful on the release.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cody michael View Post
    PayPal me the money I'll order them for you. Do you know any friends or family with prime? Last I checked which was a month or so ago they offered 1 month free trial.
    Wife says my daughter has an account with them. I'd like to buy 10-15...

If you like to watch movies, get Amazon Prime and a Fire TV box or Fire Stick, Then, with your high speed internet you get streaming movies over the internet to your TV to watch any time that you want itt, and the free shipping is a bonus.Many sports shows are available too. I get several times my investment in Prime worth of movie entertainment and free shipping every year. An APP called KODI can be added to your Fire TV or Fire Stick to get you almost every US movie that has been made since 1962, and earlier, if they are classics, like Gone With The Wind, etc. I also like to watch YouTube videos on wide screen and the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick both can get any video that is on YouTube. I almost never watch cable TV any more and I will likely have it disconnected when C-Span is finally available, as that is the only channel that I want, but can't get now through Fire TV and Fire Stick.

Would you like to have buttons that you can press whenever you are running low on a product and want more? Like cereal, laundry detergent, bath products, etc? Amazon now has little button modules for many commonly used products that you can stick to your washer, cereal cabinet, or any place in your house that's convenient to wherever you keep the product. Whenever you run low on the product, all you have to do is press the button, and your Amazon Prime account will have that product on your doorstep in less than 2 days. Shopping can't get any easier than this. You don't even need to make a shopping list or go anywhere to get it.

Charley
    Last edited by Charles Lent; 02-19-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Sorry you have to have prime to order them, but thanks for the heads up on these, great price just ordered 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    Wife says my daughter has an account with them. I'd like to buy 10-15...
    its 5 per person limit so now u got to find 3 people .

I've got several home made variations of Frankenstein vise grips that came from yard sales and I've passed on some.
    Time to bring those back!

Harbor Freight sells one like that,the qualitymost likely will not be the same but worth a check.

Great price! Might pick up a couple. Why wouldnt you want Prime exactly? You know you can give it to four other people right ("family members")? Just split it five ways with four others and its $20/yr or something like that. Pretty much a no brainer for all that you get with it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    Come on, Grand Tour is vastly superior to old Top Gear. It's Top Gear with a budget.
    I honestly don't think so, the cinematographer is good but lacks some of the glitz of TG and the jabs at TG ith conversation street and the dead celebrity are a waste of time they could be showing a Porche GT3RS or the sublime Ferrari J-50...

I did the Prime sign up/order/cancel deal on either Amazon UK or DE (I forget) last year as US Prime doesn't carry over. They had a similar Prime only deal on Systainer 4s and I needed them to move some of my Bosch and Dewalt tools out of the ghetto and into McMansions so they looked like everyone else on the street and didn't get an inferiority complex. I think 4 were just over $160 shipped where from a US retailer they would have been $340.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.