Thread: Whistling saw blade

Whistling saw blade

I had the upper spindle, bearings and belt replaced on my table saw. The rebuild was great but the blade is whistleing a loud pitch type noice. Is it just whistling Dixie or should I be concerned?

Have you tried a different blade to see if it's the blade or the saw? Some blades just seem to be noisier than others.

50 tooth combo blades all make a loud whistling sound. Don't have to see blade to tell when one is on the saw, just listen

Try a different blade. My loudest saw, a DeWalt GE, was absolutely deafening with a 20-something-year-old Amana 60T blade but relatively quiet with my current 100T CMT (219 series) blade.

Some blades do it and most don't. I would put that blade aside as a spare and use one that doesn't punish your ears. Cheers

Sometimes with or with out a blade stabilizer makes a difference.

It was the triple chip 80 tooth blades that I use for plastic. The 80 tooth blades for wood don't whistle.

The loud 60T blade I mentioned above is a TCG+raker blade as well. Any blade with flat tops such as most rip blades, combination blades, or TCG+raker blades are a lot louder in general than ATB blades. The CMT unit I mentioned does have a raker but it's a TCG raker, not a flat top raker.