Thread: Rockwell delta 10" deluxe radial arm saw model 33-267 or 33-390

Rockwell delta 10" deluxe radial arm saw model 33-267 or 33-390

I have had this saw since mid 1960's and used it all the time. It is the best radial arm saw made, i am told. The later models after the 400 series are not as good. I need a new motor and guard. The i have a copy of the parts list for the model 33-390 and the motor is exactly the same as the 33-267. Other models may be the same as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My 10" Black and Decker Power Shop (radial arm saw) is from the 60's. It has never given me any problems. I have a proper hook angle blade for the radial arm.

It was my Dad's saw. They made good saws back then, but of course the new saws are good as well.

I don't use the radial arm saw much these days. I feel that they are a bit dangerous for some people. I would just as well not worry about them.

Blog Entries
    Probably hard to find a replacement motor. As I see it I would check craigslist and ebay. I've seen some saws being parted out on ebay.

If you have a motor shop in the area you might see if you can get the motor fixed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill ThompsonNM View Post
    Probably hard to find a replacement motor. As I see it I would check craigslist and ebay. I've seen some saws being parted out on ebay. If you have a motor shop in the area you might see if you can get the motor fixed.
    If you need the top part of the blade guard-- ebay again. If you just need the lower guard I bought a universal one from Wolfemachinery.com
    Works great on my Delta 14 inch RAS.

Motor rewinds (burnt coils are likely the reason here) are cost prohibitive. I was quoted about $400 for my Delta RAS IIRC. I was in the same boat a couple years ago and needed a new motor for my turret style Delta RAS. I did nationwide CL searches and checked eBay for a couple months. Emailed sellers around the country who were selling saws with compatible motors asking to buy the motor for the cost of the saw (usually would inquire when I found a saw for $75-$150). Got turned down about 30 times, had a couple people say yes only to sell the saw from under me. Finally found a seller that worked out.

Good luck.

That motor is rebuildable. The epoxied together ones aren't.

I have a motor from a "10 Plus" sitting on the shelf. If you want to do some research and see if it fits let me know.
    Cary
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 02-20-2017 at 4:14 PM.