Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importing used machines from Canada (Quebec) to USA (Vermont)

If I remember correctly, the additional fees charged by the Freight company to handle the paperwok and taxes came to about $200 US or less for a 2500 USD used machine purchase shipped from Canada to US. Shipping was extra of course. Given the exchange rate, still a good deal. Lots of machines are 550-600v so factoring the cost of a transformer is also necessary in my world. Dave

Blog Entries
    as an aside and general curiosity:

Are there any routes in and out of Canada that go 'unguarded'? I thought some of the middle of nowhere roads were like this.

(not trying to get away with anything. Just generally curious how invested the government is in our very dangerous / sketchy northern neighbor)

Edit: This is totally off topic, so feel free to delete.. Anyway, here is the Quora question and answer: https://www.quora.com/Are-there-real...ch-as-this-one

Kind of interesting.
    Last edited by andrew whicker; 07-19-2017 at 4:16 PM.

The border is monitored along the entire length with listening devices, cameras, ground and air patrols, and radar. All that good stuff your government developed for war. Try and run it if you like.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    True, but how come there are so many "Undesirables, Wanted Criminals" sneaking across claiming to be refugees and applying for political asylum?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    The border is monitored along the entire length with listening devices, cameras, ground and air patrols, and radar. All that good stuff your government developed for war. Try and run it if you like.
    A couple years ago (it may have changed by now...) I was staying in Niagara Falls Cananda. I went for a run, basically sightseeing. I ran across a bridge and found myself in the US, without anyone even talking to me. I hurried up and went back the same way while I could.

A couple years ago (it may have changed by now...) I got lost in Vermont and found myself in Canada. Before hitting Canadian Customes I made a U turn and went back into the US. At Customs I explained how I got lost and they waved me in without any questions. Anyone coming from Cananda could have done the same thing.

I know boaters who go from NY across the Lake to Ontario. The docks have sign in sheets, but no one bothers.

So I expect it is possible in the populated East. I presume it is much easier out west.

I have bowhunted antelope right on the border between Montana and Alberta and the only thing there is a real good barbwire fence with like five strands of wire and posts slightly closer together than the average fence. Every second or third post was white. I hopped the fence to take a leak...