Thread: Trotec Job Control Question

Trotec Job Control Question

Job Control Version 10.4.1.0

Creating a file that will be etched onto RTIC cups that includes a logo and employee names. I have created the file in Corel X8 and successfully print merged the names and have the files in Job Control for my Speedy 300.

I have 100 files in my queue and they look perfect.

QUESTION:

Is there a way to have Job Control automatically select the next file after the completion of each job? I don't want to manually move the next file over and have to type in its position each time. I am looking for any way to speed up the process.

Thank you in advance

Greg
    Trotec Speedy 300 60W, with Rotary Attachment
    Corel X8

I don't know about automating it but you can set a marker at the desired location so you only need to drag the job instead of typing in the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I don't know about automating it but you can set a marker at the desired location so you only need to drag the job instead of typing in the position.
    +1 on that, or rulers. You can snap jobs to rulers too.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Well I wish I would have known that about a year ago... thanks for the tip!

You can't make a Trotec do a simple 'next name' advance with variables?
    By 'simple'-- such as a one-button press of 'next job' then start, or a full-auto advance where you do nothing but start the machine...

Gravostyle to the tool machines, and even EZcad with the fiber, both have full-auto 'just change part and press start' advancing. Gravostyle to my LS900, variables can be stacked in layers, and GS just sends each layer to the machine all at once. It's not full auto, I do have to hit 'next job' before starting. The GCC has full-auto job-change, but no way (that I know of ) to batch-load jobs...

Sorry I'm no help, just rambling...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I was having a conversation with someone at Trotec when we were testing Job Control years ago and I mentioned you should be able to setup a jig and drop things into it. They said "Just drag the rulers out, set them up where you want all the pockets in the fixture and then drag and drop your jobs into each pocket". You can save the plate, so it can be something you open every time you drop that fixture in place. For example, you can setup rulers for 20 individual plates, 1" x 3" or something, and then just drag and drop the jobs into each area. When the job is done, close the plate and you're done. Need it a month later, just open the plate and start dragging and dropping. You can double click on the tiny bar in the ruler where a guideline is dragged and enter specific coordinates for each guideline.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I had NO idea you could do that. This is going to save me so much time moving forward.
    Last edited by Greg W Watson; 02-20-2017 at 4:44 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 300 60W, with Rotary Attachment
    Corel X8

I don't see any way to do variables within the Job Control software. I don't really see that as a problem though, you can use Corel to merge all kinds of different data and send to the laser. If you have a bunch of plates to do you can put them all in the laser at once and use Corel to send the info to the laser instead of the laser software to control it. With regular sized plates you can use a fixture or just place them on the bed of the laser, no big deal. EZcad is utilized as the graphics program as well as the laser controller so it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

I have been doing something similar with markers but the rulers are so much easier and faster!

They don't call me Yoda for nothing, ya know? LOL

Seriously, glad to help guys. I just recorded it on a video that I'll upload soon to help people understand it's use.

There is also a way to snap a job to a marker just by double clicking on that job in the queue instead of the dragging method. It's called a 'Home Marker' which acts similar to ordinary markers, but will automatically place the job to the marker by just double clicking the job in the queue. The shortcut is 'Shift + H' which will show up as a blue marker instead of red.

There's a drop down box to the right of the x and y jobposition boxes that controls where the job will automatically snap to (top left, center, bottom right, etc.)

The home marker is also really useful to be used with the 'quick print' option in the driver, and is really handy to be used with multiple operators of the machine through the network using trotecs iphone remote control app.
    Speedy 300 flexx - 80w co2 / 20w fiber