Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you lose, run out of in the shop and any new "discoveries"?

glasses...old age sucks!

My try-square and pencil - even if I used it now, right now, just now, it takes time to find it. I swear it has stealth properties. Time, I typically run out of time

Blog Entries
    A plastic cap for one of my forestner bits was placed on the bench. Later it was gone. Lost in the shavings on the floor.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Always the things I'm using. Lay them down, turn my back, and they're hiding when I reach for them again. Where did they go?

Hate getting down to pick up stuff, so I glued super magnets to 1 x 1/2 x 36 pieces of cut-offs. Have several strategically placed - stick them to any open metal piece, like stands, shelf supports, even the vice. Nice thing is they find all kinds of things you can't see, especially stuff that fell in the trash can. Amazing how you can find screws, washers, and you can even pick up heavier screw drivers and small wrenches. Now if I could just find something to pick up non-magnetic stuff? Chewing gum on a stick? Don't chew gum.

What I lost and miss the most? My sanity and my memory.
    Last edited by al heitz; 03-02-2017 at 11:32 PM.

+1 to standing in the middle of a BORG store thinking, "What the #@$%&#^ do I need??!!" I've even started keeping a running "Need" list on my phone, which helps but only when I think to pull it out and add to it.... a magnet'd piece of paper might serve me better.

Glue
    The fourth of four screw/nail/dowel/pin I'm currently using (or sixth of six, 8th of eight...it's always the last one!)
    Wine (I don't drink scotch) (and not while I'm in the shop)...but I like a good malbec at the end of the day....

-jake
    Please Pick One of the Following:

Built Correctly & Within Budget / Within Budget & Done Quickly / Done Quickly & Built Correctly

Quartersawn beech. Right now, I only have 16/4 Euro blanks, and I'll be danged if I'm gonna cut it up into H&R billets. All 3 of my suppliers that I have been using are presently waiting for more stock to dry......
    Jeff

I have now owned three short machinist's rules - 4", 3," and most recently 2" - which are right handy at times. The 2" has followed its predecessors into the darkness, damitol. Next one I find will live in a box, so it's large enough not to miss.

Lost: Vice Grips...a few have been lost over the years...they grow legs I think

Dermabond? I have always just used regular super glue, of what ever brand was in the store, for cuts. Never had a complication from gluing cuts together. Of course,Super Glue was invented for surgery, wasn't it? Good for gluing blood vessels together! I never use anything made in China that is going to be in my blood!! Nor do I ever buy Chinese dog treats for my dogs.