Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: You know that you've got a neander problem, when...

  1. #1

    You know that you've got a neander problem, when...

    I just realized a few months ago that I've gotten off the deep end as a neander.
    To commemorate this, I'd like to start a joke(?) thread when you know that you've got a neander problem.

    I'll start...

    You know that you've got a neander problem, when you think of LV as Lee Valley--not Luis Vuitton (I've gotten in trouble a few times because of that).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    I just realized a few months ago that I've gotten off the deep end as a neander.
    To commemorate this, I'd like to start a joke(?) thread when you know that you've got a neander problem.

    I'll start...

    You know that you've got a neander problem, when you think of LV as Lee Valley--not Luis Vuitton (I've gotten in trouble a few times because of that).
    Let me guess: Your significant other asked for an LV handbag and you gave her one of these?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    I just realized a few months ago that I've gotten off the deep end as a neander.
    To commemorate this, I'd like to start a joke(?) thread when you know that you've got a neander problem.
    OK, how's this: You know you've got a neander problem if you're reading this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Marshall,NC
    Posts
    242
    You know you've got a neander problem, when someone says "planer knives" and you say "You mean irons, right?"

    You know you've got a neander problem, when you find yourself telling people,"Shut up, Roy's coming on!".
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

    Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South West Ontario
    Posts
    273
    You know you have a neander problem when your wife says "that's some good wood you've got there" and you say "I was saving it for something really nice".

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    You know that you've got a neander problem, when you think of LV as Lee Valley--not Luis Vuitton (I've gotten in trouble a few times because of that).
    Man, that's a good one, though not a likely confusion for me. I was stunned when my girlfriend told me what that stuff costs. I've paid less for some cars I've owned. Man, talk about luxury goods, huh?

    But how about this.... You know you've got a Neander problem, when Lee Valley offers free shipping and you can't find anything you (still) need.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    99
    You know you've got a neander problem when neighbors stop knocking on your door because it was too loud.

    You know you've got a neander problem when you just skip and ignore all topics on sanding.

    Or maybe you've got a bliss?

    In Russian, Planer and Thicknesser is the same as jointer plane and marking gauge, makes many problems

    Btw, that LV handbag is pretty expensive too... might be not a problem if presented right

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    547
    When you put carpet on the shop floor to prevent getting splinters in your knuckles.
    Jim
    PS There seems to be a trend about this issue

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longview WA
    Posts
    15,391
    You definitely have a neander problem when you log on to your computer in the morning hoping there is a new sharpening thread.

    You know you should be going to NA meetings when you start arguing pins or tails first with people who are not woodworkers.

    You know you have a neander problem when someone wants to borrow a saw and it takes a half hour of questions to determine which saw they need.

    You know you have a neander problem when your significant other complains that the kitchen knives are too sharp.

    jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

  10. You know you've got a Neander problem when anyone mentions planes and your first thought is never aviation.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belden, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,678
    Problem???
    That's when you "tote" something, it had better be a plane.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Kharitonkin View Post
    You know you've got a neander problem when neighbors stop knocking on your door because it was too loud.

    You know you've got a neander problem when you just skip and ignore all topics on sanding.

    Or maybe you've got a bliss?

    In Russian, Planer and Thicknesser is the same as jointer plane and marking gauge, makes many problems

    Btw, that LV handbag is pretty expensive too... might be not a problem if presented right

    Or when they ask 'How's the remodel going' when you've just been chopping mortises.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sebastopol, California
    Posts
    1,947
    I don't have a Neander problem; I'm doing fine.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lucas, Texas
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    I don't have a Neander problem; I'm doing fine.
    Denial. It's always the first sign.
    Molann an obair an saor.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ruston, Louisiana
    Posts
    115
    You know you have a neander problem when you purposely layout your tails so they aren't perfect.

    This reminds me of the scene in Parks and Rec, where Ron Swanson destroys a chair because it's too perfect, looked machine made.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •