Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You know that you've got a neander problem, when...

Blog Entries
    When your checked baggage includes 50 pounds of exotic lumber. (True story- many times.)

Blog Entries
    You know that you've got a neander problem, when you live next to __________.

No offense intended toward anyone...
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

When your wife (a sewing neander), insists you buy a SawStop ....

When you look for ways to use your hand tools to get a job done when you have better tools available for the task that are electric but that doesn't fit your new style of work.

When you insist you're not interested in a Saturday night movie because you'd rather keep the 35 bucks movie, drink, and popcorn money for rust hunting on Sunday.

Blog Entries
    When you're using a cheese grater and start debating in your head the best way to sharpen it.

When you ignore the power tool section/threads
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    When your checked baggage includes 50 pounds of exotic lumber. (True story- many times.)
    i would have brought it as a carry on because I am afraid they would lose it
    " (not that I'm judging...I'm all for excessive honing) " quote from Chris Griggs

Quote Originally Posted by bridger berdel View Post
    I think we may have a winner here....

Agreed! Funny and true at the same time....

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    When you look for ways to use your hand tools to get a job done when you have better tools available for the task that are electric but that doesn't fit your new style of work.

I do this all of the time.

When listening to music in your shop is so important to you, it pushes you to using hand tools so you can hear it.
    Drowning out the Beatles with a router is just wrong.

Blog Entries
    Maybe my neander problem is not having many electric tools. That and having a few place to work that are not convenient to bring in electricity.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Or when they ask 'How's the remodel going' when you've just been chopping mortises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    When you convert the spare bedroom to a workshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill McDermott View Post
    ...when you swing by the lumber department at HD to see if by chance a really nice board snuck into the racks.
    Damn right, you are! Thanks for the great laugh! But I also realized that I cannot call my wife sewing neander, she has three machines that can be seen as table saw, jointer and planner... suddenly we are so different!

And it appears so clearly that I'm not alone like this, great therapy guys! (now I want to hug you all)
    Last edited by Andrey Kharitonkin; 02-23-2017 at 3:11 PM.

Knowwhen you are in trouble, when you know HOW to use a Bisaigue, and know how to sharpen it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    When listening to music in your shop is so important to you, it pushes you to using hand tools so you can hear it.
    Drowning out the Beatles with a router is just wrong.
    I would say the same for Bach, the Reds game, Steely Dan, NPR, Dixieland Jazz, Garrison Keillor, bluegrass....