Thread: Drum Sander Rolls For SuperMax

Drum Sander Rolls For SuperMax

Hi. Would appreciate some help.

Just bought a Supermax 19-38 drum sander and would like to reduce the abrasive cost by buying rolls that I would cut down myself.

Has anyone done that and could you recommend a brand(s) and vendors that you had success with?

Thanks

Online industrial supply- good value @ 50 yd. rolls.

Tried to find the supplier for the last I bought, but couldn't find the receipt. I think it was Industrial Abrasives Co. in Reading, PA. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/s...sd6ovtm5ksl476.

Blog Entries
    I cut my own from Klingspor rolls but, I was already placing an order for other things. Any quality pro-level abrasive manufacturer should be fine. I stick to the cloth backings as I wash my abrasives to extend life or if loaded up by "accidentally" sanding something I shouldn't have.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Klingspor has 50 yard rolls that are marked for cutting to length. Color coded for different size sanders.

How do you "wash" the paper? liquid? solvent? floss?? Thanks, John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John C Bush View Post
    How do you "wash" the paper? liquid? solvent? floss?? Thanks, John
    Drop the roll in the shop sink and run some water over it. Let it set a minute or so then run some water while I scrub it with a nylon scrub brush like you might scrub the bathtub with. Burned spoil and other junk scrubs off pretty easily. I then hang it over the sink from a dowel I have for that purpose and use a spring clamp to hold a small barbell plate to each end so it dries without curling up like a noodle. It certainly increases the usable life of the abrasives.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by James Gunning View Post
    Tried to find the supplier for the last I bought, but couldn't find the receipt. I think it was Industrial Abrasives Co. in Reading, PA. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/s...sd6ovtm5ksl476.
    This is where I buy my sandpaper

Thanks to all. Just the info that I needed

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Klingspor has 50 yard rolls that are marked for cutting to length. Color coded for different size sanders.
    They are not color coded or marked for the 19-38 unfortunately. Hopefully this will change soon since it probably the most popular drum sander out there right especially given their move into Woodcraft.