Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Fine wire transfer sent and received

Ray Fine wire transfer sent and received

Well it took a while to work out the details but it is all done but the waiting. I will have to take my trailer on the ferry to Vancouver to pic it up but that is not for a few months. My next job is to search out the threads on setting up a new machine. I choose to order a larger power supply now in case I want a larger tube in the future and I tried to get a range of parts. I wanted to thank everyone for the advice on putting the order together. I will post updated hopefully mid April.
    Cheers,
    Dan

RF-1390-80W laser cutting machine 110v including:
    EFR ZS1250 80W laser tube with 10000 hours life time;
    130W laser power supply;
    Color Gray and grayish white;
    D20mm/FCL63.5 MM lens and corresponding nozzle;
    a powered Motorized in height adjustable working table +steel honeycomb table+aluminum knife table;
    CW5200 chiller;
    red-dot pointer;
    pass through door;
    Air pump 185W 150L/min
    Large Exhaust fan 550W,
    Amp meter
    1set Spare set of reflector mirrors (3 pieces)
    1 Spare Belt
    1 Rotary attachment 1 (4 wheels)
    1 Rotary Attachment 2 (chuck)
    1 63.5 mm lens
    2 38.1 mm lens
    2 70mm lens
    1 spare nozzle for 38.1mm lens
    1 Spare nozzle for 70mm lens
    1 Red dot pointer
    1 Limited switch
    1 Emergency stop switch
    1 Power switch
    Shipping freight to Vancouver warehouse of Canada

Blog Entries
    Yep, Now you Wait! So much fun! Looks like you got everything! Oh, holler once you get the machine and want to set up the Rotary (at least the 4 wheel Version). It will work thru setting the rotary settings rather than changing the config page.
    And save your configure settings and vendor settings before playing too much.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    Congrats!!!! Let us know how you like it!!!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congrats Daniel .... hope your machine arrives sooner than mine does .... I ordered mine the end of November .... they still have it in Vancouver ???????

Sumpin' wrong there Brian, a bad trip is 6 weeks, you're up to 11?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Stuck in customs? Dang! It is long time!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Wow that is not what I wanted to hear. I just need it to get to Vancouver and I will pick it up there. Keep us posted on arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Book View Post
    Congrats Daniel .... hope your machine arrives sooner than mine does .... I ordered mine the end of November .... they still have it in Vancouver ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Book View Post

Who did you use as a broker

Blog Entries
    Brian,

Dont know if this applies to you, but I do know that the time it takes to get through Customs can really vary in the US. I assume the same is true in CA. The issue seems to be luck of the draw. Assume you have a run of the mill import of a laser or CNC machine. Pretty basic. Papers are all up to snuff, no issues, nothing in particular to catch the attention of a Customs Agent. Even then your crate or even the entire container that your crate is in may get randomly selected for special attention. It will be pulled out and warehoused for agents to check into as time permits. No telling what kind of delay that may entail. And if it is an entire container that has been pulled aside if any one shipment inside is found to be suspicious then the entire container is given even closer scrutiny. Again, luck of the draw.

My shipment took forever. But in my case it was the great West Coast Dock slowdown a few years ago that held my stuff up as the dock workers slowed up all their work as part of a pay/benefits negotiation that had gone bad. It lasted seemingly forever. Once it hit shore though everything moved quickly. But I could still have been caught up in a random check and had delivery delayed even more.
    Last edited by David Somers; 02-23-2017 at 4:34 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Hi all

Daniel I didn't reply to alarm you .... I think it just might be like David said luck of the Draw

Jerome Blanca made all the arrangements with the broker K Trans worldwide logistics Ltd out of Vancouver

I have contacted the Broker several times .... the Crate landed in Vancouver January 24th ... they still have not released the Crate ???? .... then the other day I received emails from the Broker asking what the machine going to be used for ? .... I asked her why she didn't already have this info .... she said they have never imported a Laser Machine before ? ... weird or what.

It will all work out eventually I'm sure

Anyways Daniel I didn't mean to take over your Thread and I apologize
    Last edited by Brian Book; 02-23-2017 at 3:48 PM.

Congratulations Daniel, now you just have to be a bit patient. I'm still setting up my machine, taking my time and busy with other stuff. But I guess I will fire it up in a day or two. Exciting. BTW, you will get a DVD with some simple and good instruction video's in which Rayfine shows step by step how to set everything up.

John, good to tell to backup the settings, I knew it but I had forgotten about it.

Hope they don't charge storage fees or destroy it for lack of paper work I would be on Blanca to get it straightened out as it was her broker

Blog Entries
    Since this is a Canadian Customs thing I am guessing with this post. But the Broker I used here (Blanca didnt had not dealt with US Customs much yet) had some difficulty determining the correct codes, especially for the laser. There were an amazing number of codes that could apply, and each one resulted in very different fees being applied by US Customs and Agriculture. My Broker was working with me to figure this out, and in that process found someone in her office that was familiar with this type of laser and knew which code applied. That resulted in a very minimal fee for me which was nice, and it sailed through the process without question. One of the questions that broker was asking though was what it was used for and how it was going to be used. I don't know if that is helpful info at all. Was just wondering if you might have a similar thing occurring on this transaction.

That is good news about the DVD, I have been wondering about instructions and nervous about translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Goetheer View Post
    Congratulations Daniel, now you just have to be a bit patient. I'm still setting up my machine, taking my time and busy with other stuff. But I guess I will fire it up in a day or two. Exciting. BTW, you will get a DVD with some simple and good instruction video's in which Rayfine shows step by step how to set everything up.

John, good to tell to backup the settings, I knew it but I had forgotten about it.

Blanca sent picturers, she said video would be coming.
    9D9CF351-B8A5-4349-BA17-1A15EA9B4A18.jpg