Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ray Fine wire transfer sent and received

Nice looking machine. The big brother of mine. Where are the 3 green buttons on top for?
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

I am very curious about the buttons also? I will let you know when I learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Goetheer View Post
    Nice looking machine. The big brother of mine. Where are the 3 green buttons on top for?

Blog Entries
    Heh! Not labeled? <grin>

My first guess is they are the power switches that used to be location in an inset side panel on the right side (towards the front) of the machines. The switches there were rocker switches and they covered the main power, a second power outlet that usually got used for the air assist blower and table power and interior light, and a third one for the big air blower. Then on top of that we had a key switch on the top panel that controlled power to the tube itself. And then the big red power button, reminiscent of the large red button that was part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I am curious once you are familiar with the machine. One comment I had made to Blanca (and a change I made to my machine) was to move the 3 way toggle switch to the front of the machine so I could raise and lower the table while easily watching it, a bit hard where it was originally located on the side panel. I also replaced the 3 way toggle, which was a fixed switch that stayed in place if you released it, with a spring loaded switch that returned to the center/off position if you released it. That way if you hand slipped while you were moving the table it didn't keep moving as you tried to get your hand back on it. Minor, but something that I found awkward.

I am also happy to see they have been adding a mA meter. Cheap, and it is good info.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Hey Daniel .... Really Slick looking machine ! .... really nice .... your certainly gonna really enjoy using that Laser

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Book View Post
    Hey Daniel .... Really Slick looking machine ! .... really nice .... your certainly gonna really enjoy using that Laser

Brian

Brian did you ever get your laser

Blog Entries
    Dang, they keep changing them up! Mine has the Udisk connection on the right side below the rotary connection and the rotary/Yaxis switch and the internal 'light' switch. My USB connection is way low on the right also. Looks like they didn't move that connection, but put the udisk on top, and the rotary connection and switch on the front below top section. And My water connection is way high above all the power connections. I like yours on lower left side. Leaks can't hurt anything.....

Mine has no separate z axis switch or buttons, I go into the controller to move the bed. Maybe two are related to that, up and down? does the third make it dance? :-) I'm curious!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    John,

I might pop a note to Blanca about the water connection as a safety issue? Mine, like other machines from them, has the water hook up on the back panel, low and on the left as you face the front of the laser. It is far from an electricity. Though the connections to the tube are on the top right. Reasonably well protected from electricity.

Once my dog chased a cat into the garage and as they careened around the garage the cat leaped behind the laser and popped the water tube off its inlet. Took a while to get recovered from that in terms of water everywhere, but no damage due to water and electricity.

I am really curious what the green buttons are for now? They look cool though! <grin> As does the dangerous red panic button!!!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    .... Once my dog chased a cat into the garage and as they careened around the garage the cat leaped behind the laser and popped the water tube off its inlet. Took a while to get recovered from that in terms of water everywhere, but no damage due to water and electricity.....
    Horror scenario We have house animals too, 3 dogs, so I did put tie-wraps around all water inlets and outlets.

This is how my machine has its connections on the side, a 3-pin rotary connector, a toggle switch between rotary and Y-axis (and a neutral position in the middle which has caused me a heart attack already as the Y-axis wouldn't move when I first powered the machine. You can guess why ...), a switch for the lamp, a Udisk connection and at the bottom the PC connection. At the back the water inlet and outlet is on the far left, far away from the electronics.

@Daniel, you could ask Blanca of course about the 3 switches, then we can all satisfy our curiousity.
    Last edited by Erik Goetheer; 03-07-2017 at 4:19 AM.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Blog Entries
    Well I have 4 terrors, but only one comes down to see me, the little one on the right.... And they DO want to welcome you!

IMG_20160425_182749467 (2).jpg

And David, my machine has water in top due to the building with the intention of splitting in two parts to get thru doorway.
    As you can see from top of the bottom piece it is flat, no hoses or wires going thru.
    baseview.jpg

And then the cable connection and water connection on bottom right of photo. Which is the top back of the machine now...
    I don't think there was an easier way.
    topside.jpg
    I DID fasten down with sticky tabs and zip ties the water line and ammeter cable better than it came.
    If I remember, it only had a couple the entire length and was loose. I had several laying around...
    You can see here where there are now numerous ties.... I didn't want to crimp line....
    If line deteriorated and leaked, it should run out between the parts and miss any electricals. I hope

topback.jpg
    Last edited by John Lifer; 03-07-2017 at 9:17 AM.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    Ooooh! I remember now John. You were asking about how to get the monster in through a small door and down some stairs if I remember correctly? Mine is a one piece cabinet so I didnt have that problem.