Thread: 2 Sanders on a Festool CT26 Dust Extractor

2 Sanders on a Festool CT26 Dust Extractor

My son is working alot more in the shop with me now - I want to put him to work to help with the sanding tasks....

I bought 2 of the new Festool PRO-5 sanders, so we can both sand at the same time.

Assuming the CT26 has enough air movement to power 2 random-orbit sanders?

I will buy the $39 Festool Y Bracket (452-898), but I would like to not have to buy another Festool hose for $175.

Who has already done this? What hose did you buy?
    I see Home Depot has a 1-7/8 x 10 ft hose for $39, Dewalt has one and Bosch sells an anti-static 35 mm x 16 ft for $91 - still about 1/2 the cost of the Festool.

Let me know what hoses and connectors you had to buy to get 2 sanders setup on the CT26....

Thanks Alot

Nate

why not just buy a ridgid shopvac with a hepa filter that would cost about the same and work 100x better.

David,

The HEPA Shop vacs I see at Home Depot, for example - start at $299 - Which ones are you referring to?

I would like to know if guys have had good luck running 2 sanders off one Festool Dust Extractor.

Thanks

The Festool collector will work just fine with two sanders. You would want to turn the power down anyway with the sander you intend to use, to keep the suction from sticking the pad to your work. You would not be able to do that with a shopvac.

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    why not just buy a ridgid shopvac with a hepa filter that would cost about the same and work 100x better.

What is your basis that it will work as well much less better?

To the OP if you are looking for a AS hose I bought mine from German Amazon and they were much cheaper even with shipping. The more you buy at one time the cheaper the shipping gets for each item.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

b/c he might cross the streams !

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    b/c he might cross the streams !
    And in such a case, who ya gonna call?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    And in such a case, who ya gonna call?
    Ghostbusters?