Thread: Dust Collection on Bosch GTS1041A REAXX Saw

Question Dust Collection on Bosch GTS1041A REAXX Saw

I recently had to replace my old Bosch 4000 saw. Decided to spring for the GTS1041A REAXX Saw. It's a great saw, but I seem to be having trouble getting good dust extraction with my shop vac attached to the dust port. The dust shroud's latch is in the closed position, per the manual instructions. The vacuum is the same one I used with my 4000-09 saw, and didn't have this problem. I also verified that the vacuum is working properly, independent of its use with the saw. Anyone out there seeing this issue with the REAXX?

Any help appreciated.

Are there even many out there who bought/own a REAXX saw?! Thought those were pulled pretty quick.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Are there even many out there who bought/own a REAXX saw?! Thought those were pulled pretty quick.

At least 1 person on this forum has one:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-4100-Question

I don't own a REAXX so no experience with the saw itself, but what size is the dust port on the saw and what size hose on the shop vac?

Dust port and vac hose are both 2.25". This is the same shop vac I used with my Bosch 4000, and didn't have issues. Even the manual for the REAXX suggests using a vacuum. I did speak with Bosch about the issue, and they even admitted that the REAXX's dust extraction is inferior to models like the 4000 and 4100. Next thing to try is to use my dust collector, but I'll have to adapt the size down to 2.25" to match the saw's dust port size.

I wonder if the safety mechanism that drops the blade is interfering with the air flow?