Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bosch Flexi-Click 5 in 1 driver coming to the US

New Bosch Flexi-Click 5 in 1 driver coming to the US

Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I like the idea, just wish it was in 18v. Festool CSX kinda makes this useless for me. But thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    I like the idea, just wish it was in 18v. Festool CSX kinda makes this useless for me. But thanks for posting.

I have both the CSX and Bosch 12v Brushless drill/driver and love them both and find them to be complimentary with each having their strong suits, I have seen my 18v tools get regulated to DIY chores, I just don't need the power for woodworking and the Bosch EC (brushless) stuff is quite powerful.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Ahh, wish Milwaukee had that. Tied to their 12v system and not interested in spending for the Festool drills. It's really just that eccentric chuck that I'd want. I have a pretty good right angle accessory that I'm happy with.

Though I do have a Bosch 12v tool......hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Ahh, wish Milwaukee had that. Tied to their 12v system and not interested in spending for the Festool drills. It's really just that eccentric chuck that I'd want. I have a pretty good right angle accessory that I'm happy with.

Though I do have a Bosch 12v tool......hmmmm
    They have them on the other side of the pond

Milwaukee-Modular-M12-Drill-Driver.jpg

Festool doesn't make an eccentric chuck for their 12v drills, only the 90*.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    They have them on the other side of the pond

Milwaukee-Modular-M12-Drill-Driver.jpg

Maybe Milwaukee will be nudged to get theirs to the US, though I'm not holding my breath.

Didn't know that about the CXS, thanks. Makes me even less interested in it (and I chug the green otherwise).

Maybe Milwaukee will be nudged to get theirs to the US, though I'm not holding my breath.

Didn't know that about the CXS, thanks. Makes me even less interested in it (and I chug the green otherwise).
    I imagine if Milwaukee perceives the Bosch to be selling well here they will introduce it, if not then they won't. Several manufacturers do this in EU/UK but not here which I think is a shame.

If the CSX was brushless and had the eccentric chuck available I would own two and be more than happy with my drill and driving needs for woodworking. The CSX just has great ergonomics despite the funny look. I bought the Bosch instead of the Milwaukee because I didn't are about all the other 12v tools Milwaukee makes and the Bosch is so tiny compared to their 12v offering, the red ones are about the same size as the Makita sub-compact 18v drills.

I imagine if Milwaukee perceives the Bosch to be selling well here they will introduce it, if not then they won't. Several manufacturers do this in EU/UK but not here which I think is a shame.

If the CSX was brushless and had the eccentric chuck available I would own two and be more than happy with my drill and driving needs for woodworking. The CSX just has great ergonomics despite the funny look. I bought the Bosch instead of the Milwaukee because I didn't are about all the other 12v tools Milwaukee makes and the Bosch is so tiny compared to their 12v offering, the red ones are about the same size as the Makita sub-compact 18v drills.
    The gem of the M12 lineup is the subcompact bandsaw...was genuinely surprised how useful it is - not just for DIY/house stuff but even in the shop. Love that thing.

I saw this news too and this is fantastic!!! I don't agree with the pricing on Festool drills at all and have used them extensively at my local woodworking store/club where I used to work a few hours a week. I own the Bosch 12volt brushless driver and the trigger control and precision is just as good as the TXS/CXS for less than 1/2 the price. I wish this 12V flexi model would get here quicker than May!

Festool C & T drills have eccentric. The CXS does not because it is so small in diameter that it doesn't need it. It isn't a defect, it is an advantage. There isn't anything else that comes close to the usefulness of a CXS for work in tight spaces. There will be certain tight spots that will work better for one design over another. The C & T drills are moving away from the 12v max and 15v versions as the 18v is so light that there isn't much demand for the lower power units.

Having the different attachments should really help the usefulness of all those tools. The would then do a wide variety of light tasks as the CXS does now.

Thank you for posting. I will certainly be keeping an eye out for this.... I love my Bosch tools!

My wife bought me my first 12V Bosch drill with locking bit holder about 10 yrs ago for my birthday..... when I opened it I though OOOOHHHH it's so tinny (so it must be weak).... what the heck am I going to use it for.
    Turns out its a power house that I am constantly sinking 3" screws with still to this day... ya batteries are getting a little old but still good run times

The gem of the M12 lineup is the subcompact bandsaw...was genuinely surprised how useful it is - not just for DIY/house stuff but even in the shop. Love that thing.
    That's intriguing. Care to share some examples of uses? I assumed the primary function of a portable bandsaw was for metal cutting but maybe not.
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 02-24-2017 at 1:14 PM.

Nice! Hopefully DeWalt will come out with something similar for their 12V line. I have a few 12V tools already and I think 4 batteries.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Festool C & T drills have eccentric. The CXS does not because it is so small in diameter that it doesn't need it. It isn't a defect, it is an advantage. There isn't anything else that comes close to the usefulness of a CXS for work in tight spaces. There will be certain tight spots that will work better for one design over another. The C & T drills are moving away from the 12v max and 15v versions as the 18v is so light that there isn't much demand for the lower power units.

Having the different attachments should really help the usefulness of all those tools. The would then do a wide variety of light tasks as the CXS does now.

Horse hockey. I have read that over and over again on FOG but it just isn't accurate. The centerline of the chuck on the CSX is about 15/16" from the top of the housing (maybe 1/16" less to the side) and both the C & T drills with the eccentric chuck can get much closer than that. The Bosch PS 32 is within 1/16" top and side of the CSX and is shorter (with the Centrotec chuck installed on the CSX) and about 1/2" taller. Don't get me wrong I love my CSX, it is my first thought when it comes to drilling or driving and I only pick something else up if I need more power or the admittedly odd situation another drill/driver fits where it doesn't. This is why I think the CSX would be my perfect drill with a brushless motor (more power) and an eccentric chuck.

Horse hockey. I have read that over and over again on FOG but it just isn't accurate. The centerline of the chuck on the CSX is about 15/16" from the top of the housing (maybe 1/16" less to the side) and both the C & T drills with the eccentric chuck can get much closer than that. The Bosch PS 32 is within 1/16" top and side of the CSX and is shorter (with the Centrotec chuck installed on the CSX) and about 1/2" taller. Don't get me wrong I love my CSX, it is my first thought when it comes to drilling or driving and I only pick something else up if I need more power or the admittedly odd situation another drill/driver fits where it doesn't. This is why I think the CSX would be my perfect drill with a brushless motor (more power) and an eccentric chuck.
    And them ditching the Centrotec chuck and swapping it for a standard 1/4" bit chuck!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!