Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Bosch Flexi-Click 5 in 1 driver coming to the US

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I see no need for the gimmick of interchangeable heads.

Steve
    I'm interested in the offset chuck. I've only seen those available from Festool or non-US Milwaukee set ups.
    Dick Mahany.

Looks like the 18V version is on eBay:
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-29-2017 at 8:11 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Looks like the 18V version is on eBay:
    Thanks much, I looked at those but I noticed they didn't include the offset chuck and being sold from S Korea, I'd need to then buy a US 110v charger. I just might go that way anyway and buy the offset chuck from Europe.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-29-2017 at 8:11 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

Are these better made then all the interchangeable stuff made before like drill powered skilsaw, sander, jigsaw. Even my delta contractor saw/jointer was not very good. I think this kind of multitool was popular in the 40's and 50's.
    My take is the alignment of the motor to the transmission shaft is not very accurate or repeatable so there is a lot of room for misalinment and the resulting orbiting eccentric forces. A motor and a simple water pump should to be parallel and concentric within less then 5/1000" for good lifetimes.
    Bill

Time to give back to this great forum and to the members where I have gotten valuable info. You can preorder the 12v bosch flexiclick on amazon right now for $199.95 and I believe they give you a $10 gift card at the time to be applied to the order while supplies last. Just ordered mine

thanks ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Festool doesn't make an eccentric chuck for their 12v drills, only the 90*.
    I have the older Festool 12v with all the trimmings and I have a chuck similar to the top "silver" one in your photo for it. It allows drilling/driving really close to something.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sostrin View Post
    Time to give back to this great forum and to the members where I have gotten valuable info. You can preorder the 12v bosch flexiclick on amazon right now for $199.95 and I believe they give you a $10 gift card at the time to be applied to the order while supplies last. Just ordered mine
    That figures...............I contacted Bosch 2 weeks ago about availability. They sent a reply stating that they had no information on whether or if it would be available for the US, so just yesterday I received my Festool T18 set, and then saw this today. Timing is everything.
    Dick Mahany.

so it arrived a few days ago its heavyyyy for its size and feels good in the hand more then enough power for what i will use it for. the bag sucks barely fits every thing zero room for bits its going to make a new home in the box festool supplied with that $99 sander deal they had.