Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little American and German iron

Little American and German iron

Spent 16 hours on the road picking up a few machines.
    The big planer is a bit on the heavy side.

I love the fork lift ballast!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I love the fork lift ballast!
    6k pound lift and a 7200 pound planer. My neighbor has a 8k pound lull, but was out of town.

Big stuff! What size are they?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Big stuff! What size are they?
    30" Oliver planer, 20" Oliver jointer 25" German planer.

Awesome! I always enjoy your threads about the big stuff!

I love Oliver equipment, these pics make my day!

So where do you live, that you can find that Oliver equipment?

Your far enough away from the trailer, for gods sakes lower that planer closer to the ground before something bad happens, especially when you counter weight is made up of random odds and ends you found laying around.
    Last edited by keith micinski; 02-24-2017 at 5:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    Your far enough away from the trailer, for gods sakes lower that planer closer to the ground before something bad happens, especially when you counter weight is made up of random odds and ends you found laying around.
    First thing I thought BUT based on where his hands are I am guessing he did it for the photo op, plus it isn't like he doesn't move this sort of stuff on a regular basis but it is a good point.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    I lifted it up, sat it back down on trailer, lifted it up then got off lift, pulled trailer out from under it, got back on the lift and sat planer down.

I was not backing up or moving with that planer at that height.

My soon to be wife was taking pictures, I told her stay out of the way.

I have picked up a 404 Mattison with my lift. Have a bit of time in that seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    First thing I thought BUT based on where his hands are I am guessing he did it for the photo op, plus it isn't like he doesn't move this sort of stuff on a regular basis but it is a good point.
    My right hand is on the lever to lower the mast. She took a video of me lowering it down.

Wow. Just unreal. Still waiting for some shop pics. And yea. Where do u find this stuff. That's just unreal.

Darcy, if you still have the Schwaubedissen you should post a picture. If I didn't have four jointers I would be all over it. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Darcy, if you still have the Schwaubedissen you should post a picture. If I didn't have four jointers I would be all over it. Dave
    It's actually apart. Bearing was noisy, which led to new bearings and I am thinking about having a Hermance head made for it, maybe having the tables planed as well.
    Be an expensive machine after all that.
    Last edited by Darcy Warner; 02-24-2017 at 6:36 PM.