Thread: WEN 3410 3-Speed Remote-Controlled Air Filtration System

WEN 3410 3-Speed Remote-Controlled Air Filtration System

Anyone have experience with this unit?
    Gets good reviews and the price is right $125 at Amazon.

WEN 3410 3-Speed Remote-Controlled Air Filtration System
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 02-26-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I bought this unit about a year ago and have been very happy with it. It is fairly quiet and does a good job picking up the ambient dust that seems to be always kicking around my shop. I have a HF dust Collector with a Winn filter and run flex hose to my individual tools--so this is just a unit I keep running all the time I am in my shop. I like the ability to set it on high and run the timer for four hours and then just forget it. I usually take out the filters once a month and bang them around outside to clean off the dust. About every three months I replace them with new filters. I recommend you buy a pack of both inner and outer filters as backups. You will use them sooner or later. Now, with that said, I am a hobby woodworker and seem to be in the shop about 3-4 days a week and on the golf course the rest of the time.

Blog Entries
    Dave

the WEN looks identical to my Jet one. It could be that they all come from the same factory in China. I see really nice hooks on top. My jet came with no hooks (I think). Anyway, I drilled it and put screw eyes on it.

Even the placement of controls and light and the font on the control panel look the same. The guts might be different and the dimensions of the filter look a bit different. If you buy the unit, maybe you should order a few extra filters just to be safe. I take the filter out of my Jet one and blow it out with compressed air a couple times a year. I'm still on the first filter. If you do that, 3 or 4 filters should last you a lifetime.

Dave-
    I opted for the Powertek. The refill filters were slightly cheaper so I figure in the long run I thought it was cheaper. Also, make sure your WEN COMES with filters. The Powertek does.

I've had one for about 2 years, and it's been a great little filter. No complaints at all. I got mine on Woot.com for about $100.

From what I can tell, they are identical to all the other 1/6 HP 400 CFM units out there other than the branding (Jet, Grizzly, Rikon, others?). As Roger said, probably all made in the same factory. Any brand of filters will fit, so just shop around for the cheapest ones if you do need replacements - Grizzly.com is usually the cheapest, but sometimes you can get them cheaper on Amazon.
    ~Garth