Thread: Brought a new member of the family home today

Brought a new member of the family home today

My Delta family. This gem of a 6" jointer. All original, even has the CI belt guard. It runs smoothly but I'll check all the bearings to make sure they're all good, replace that orange electrical cord. She joins a '47 Unisaw, a '56 14" bandsaw, and a '87 shaper. OWWM thinks it was likely born in '40 since the serial number is quite a bit earlier than the serial numbers when Delta actually started keeping records of their serial numbers in 1941. To me she's a beautiful work of art like most old arn. Hope you folks enjoy the pics!

IMG_4189.jpgIMG_4190.jpgIMG_4197.jpgIMG_4196.jpgIMG_4195.jpgIMG_4206.jpg

I agree .. beautiful

I like it.
    Theres lots of those Deltas on Cl near me yours still has its original charm.
    How loud are those little jointers.I might pick on up someday if they aren't screamers.
    Aj

Very nice. Has allot more charm than my new Jet. Enjoy it.

Fantastic old jointer.

New tools are nice. New vintage tools are even nicer. You should thoroughly enjoy that one.
    Chuck Taylor

I always wanted one of those table saw/jointer combos from the 50's or so. Had a chance to take one home for free years ago, and watched it thrown into a stake bed truck with a bunch of other tools that didn't sell at an estate sale.

Wish I could relive that decision.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

sweet little gem you found!

I'm waiting for one of those to pop up for sale where I live. It will fit in well with my table saw and 4" jointer and 14" band saw.
    Best of luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I always wanted one of those table saw/jointer combos from the 50's or so. Had a chance to take one home for free years ago, and watched it thrown into a stake bed truck with a bunch of other tools that didn't sell at an estate sale.

Wish I could relive that decision.
    Sounds like one that would haunt me as well! Back when my wife and I hadn't been married that long her brother tried to give me a good running all original 1940 Chevy pickup truck that he taken in for partial payment from someone. He didn't know or care about old autos. I guess he saw my obvious excitement and appreciation for it. I stupidly refused to take it because I was still in college and couldn't afford to pay him for it. He gave it away to someone else. :-(
    Last edited by Mike Manning; 02-28-2017 at 12:42 PM.