Thread: Concealed Slides (like Blumotion) for Thinner Drawer Stock?

Concealed Slides (like Blumotion) for Thinner Drawer Stock?

Is there an undermount slide set closer to the cabinet side than Blumotion? I've got a more compact bath vanity and would like to optimize inside space. I was thinking of 3/8" drawers stock. Guess I could just use spacers.
    Last edited by Bill Adamsen; 02-27-2017 at 8:37 PM.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

The Blum undermounts work on 12mm stock without spacers which is only about 1/10" either side. If you can go a little thicker it would probably be a neater and easier solution than spacers

Spacers work pretty easily. Build the box, and then add spacer strips along the sides below the drawer bottom. If you make the drawer front with the same thickness as the sides, you'll also have to add spacers at the front where the clips attach, or else make the drawer box a shorter than usual.

Thanks guys ... I'm probably overreacting and trying to make everything more "delicate" and "efficient" unnecessarily. The std. Blum inside measure is 21mm from the mount ... with my 10-1/2" (267mm) drawer opening that leaves 225mm (267mm-42mm) which is equal to almost 8-7/8" ... usable interior width. I haven't made up my mind but I'll probably stick with 1/2" stock.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius