Thread: Short on floor space, but need decent resaw height, whattayagonnado?

Short on floor space, but need decent resaw height, whattayagonnado?

Call Jeff, he can hook you up... 20 inch wheels, 36" under guide.

underguide(B).jpg

Sometime hen I have a legit question for Jeff, I need to ask him how many of these have ever been built. I would love to find one of these used (cheap) just cause its cool.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

That looks like something that was stretched in photoshop! Look at the crazy iron twins in the back even. House of Fun.

Seriously though, I don't know enough to know if this thing violates some golden rules about wheel diameter in relation to blade thickness/width in relation to distance between upper and lower guides. I hear a lot about the interplay of these variables with each other. I'm not sure how much adjustment there is to the upper guide post but it quite obviously bottoms out a fair distance above the table. Very interesting machine regardless.

I have seen a 36" NF with a 10" riser extension. Tall saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    That looks like something that was stretched in photoshop! Look at the crazy iron twins in the back even. House of Fun.

Seriously though, I don't know enough to know if this thing violates some golden rules about wheel diameter in relation to blade thickness/width in relation to distance between upper and lower guides. I hear a lot about the interplay of these variables with each other. I'm not sure how much adjustment there is to the upper guide post but it quite obviously bottoms out a fair distance above the table. Very interesting machine regardless.
    The larger the wheel the greater the lever arm and thus the more rigidity the spine needs to keep deflection under strain low enough to be viable for any given blade cross sectional width. The extra length of the spine (~22" over a standard Northfield 20" saw) would require extra strength to resist deflection. The guide post is long enough to go to the table, just hard to see in the pic, I will include another pic where the guidepost is more visible.

underguide(A).jpg

While I have no idea what industry this was bound for my WAG is that it was/is used for some form of foam or insulation cutting, it is certainly not designed to cut 30+ inches of wood. It is on their standard price list of options. I have seen several 36" saws with 36" under the guide and one with the 48" option but never one of these "freak" saws.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

You are correct, they were for cutting foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    You are correct, they were for cutting foam.
    I sold more MM36's for cutting foam forms than for wood.

"Can we run a 1/4-inch blade on it?" ......*sigh*

Erik