Thread: What chuck does this fit?

What chuck does this fit?

Does anyone know what chuck this aluminum adjustable jaws fit? It has a tenon to fit a recess like the Vicmarc 120 and Stronghold chucks that I have but the mounting screw spacing is different.

010.jpg
    002.jpg

looks verysimilar to my Nova chucks. What is the distance between the holes?

Eyeballin' with my calipers I'd say 18 mm center to center.
    Last edited by Steve Mathews; 02-28-2017 at 7:27 PM.

The buttons are same as the ones on the plates I have for my axminster chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Pyatskowit View Post
    I have 2 sets of large aluminum adjustable jaws that fit another chuck (probably an Axminster) and one has the same buttons. The other set has different buttons. I suspect the previous owner moved the buttons around a bit. The other buttons are black and a little smaller if that helps.

Try putting them on the no name chuck you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blasic View Post
    Try putting them on the no name chuck you got.
    Tried but the hole spacing is different and besides, the no name (Axminster probably) chuck has a groove instead of a tenon for mounting. After looking at some pics of the Nova chuck I think Mr. Hansen is correct. Anyone able to confirm the hole spacing of the Nova chuck mounting at 18 mm?
    Last edited by Steve Mathews; 03-01-2017 at 8:28 AM.

Looks like a Oneway or Talon set. They have different hole spacing than Stronghold or Vicmarcs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Pyatskowit View Post

Are these the buttons?

004.jpg

I don’t know which chucks those are for, but they are not Oneway jumbo jaw plates, the Oneway plates all have slots as well as the threaded holes, buttons are different as well.

Oneway and Talon have the mounting holes at 9/16” apart and the Stronghold at 1”

Oneway Jumbo jaws.jpg
    Have fun and take care

Anyone able to confirm the hole spacing of the Nova chuck mounting at 18 mm?
    I have the large Nova Cole jaw set and the spacing for the 2 screws that attach each of the 4 sections to the chuck are indeed 18mm center to center.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Garafalo View Post
    I have the large Nova Cole jaw set and the spacing for the 2 screws that attach each of the 4 sections to the chuck are indeed 18mm center to center.
    Thanks Dom!

no, the white ones