Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laguna 1412 bandsaw used. What is a good price?

Laguna 1412 bandsaw used. What is a good price?

Hello,

I am interested in a Laguna 1412 bandsaw that is supposed to be in pretty new condition. Guy said it was hardly used and it also comes with a few extra blades. What is a this saw worth if it has been hardly used?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pinzon View Post
    Hello,

I am interested in a Laguna 1412 bandsaw that is supposed to be in pretty new condition. Guy said it was hardly used and it also comes with a few extra blades. What is a this saw worth if it has been hardly used?

Thank you
    I have one and love it....great BS...what comes with it accessory wise and how much does the guy want for it?

Not sure what accessories he has other than than several blades. He just wants me to offer him a price. Its one of those situations where he will keep it unless he hears a price he likes I guess.

If tools have been well cared for and seen little use, my general rule of thumb is to pay 70-75% of retail tops. Much more than that, and I'd just as soon buy new so that I know what I have. So for me, I'd go $770 - $825 ballpark on this saw. Another more important question is what do you really want in a bandsaw? For me, I wanted re-saw capacity and power over a general purpose saw for doing scroll work. This lead me to look at the 17-18" models - though the Laguna 14 SUV was in the running. So this saw at a good price may not be the best buy unless this saw is the saw you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Do not be misled. The Laguna 14/12 will do a nice job of resawing hardwood lumber up to 12 inches tall. I know because I do it all the time. Of course you can get better speed with a more powerful saw but you will not get a better cut. The extra size is needed for long heavy material. I normally cut the stock close to the correct length before resawing so I don't have a big clumsy piece requiring a big saw.

Not sure what accessories he has other than than several blades. He just wants me to offer him a price. Its one of those situations where he will keep it unless he hears a price he likes I guess.
    Well accessories would include a light and the mobility kit....saw now is $1100 new....+ about $200 for the accessories. If he doesn't want to give you a price, just tell him "I can't sell it & buy it too" or hit him low....if he says no he does have a price in mind and ask him what it is....

Sounds to me like the seller is fishing for a price higher than he would be willing to sell it for. When a seller gives me the what are you willing to pay line I tell them I am not in the habit of telling someone what their stuff is worth.

I offered $600 to find out what he wants and he countered with $800

I offered $600 to find out what he wants and he countered with $800
    Find out which blades he has (a Resaw King for example is a $150 115" blade). Also find out what accessories these things can make a big difference in value.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

One sold for about 800 iirc off of the Columbus Craigslist, it came with the light, mobility kit and iirc one resaw king blade. But Columbus is a big market and a fairly prosperous city, I would actually think it might go a little cheaper in other markets.

Not a 1412 but the Rikon 326 is $850 and a lot of folks seem to be comparing the saws to each other. Woodcraft has them on sale until 3/20. 5 yr guarantee.
    I don't like it when someone says they want to sell something and won't give a price. I'd pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sutherland View Post
    Not a 1412 but the Rikon 326 is $850 and a lot of folks seem to be comparing the saws to each other. Woodcraft has them on sale until 3/20. 5 yr guarantee.
    I don't like it when someone says they want to sell something and won't give a price. I'd pass.
    I don't own the Rikon, but that seems like a screaming deal for a saw like that with a warranty like that.

"I don't like it when someone says they want to sell something and won't give a price. I'd pass."
    Just lowball him.You'll find out real quick what he will take.

Hello,

Thank you
    Rick....I just received an email from Laguna.....they have 13 14Twelve demo machines on sale for $875.....there are others as well....they may even have a warranty...not sure
    https://lagunatools.com/march-madness-deals/
    scroll down....HTH

Got the same email. I believe they're doing free shipping, as well. I have the 14/12 and love it.