Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handyman Club of America

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.
    The plastic drill gauges are also good for featherboards. I screwed one onto two pieces of wood at 90 degrees and clamp it on the bandsaw just before the blade, turn it to an angle that gives just the right pressure to hold the stock against the fence. Otherwise, Handyman is just plain silly, same goes for their magazine.

I think I'm up to 5 or 6 drill size thingys [one black, I'm holding out for other colors ].

I have also recieved carpenters pencils. While they are not worth the cost of admission, at least they are usable and something that you can always use more than one of. I think I've gotten about 6 of those also.

Geez, how many stinking drill thingys do those bozo's think one person needs.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Hey Bernie,.I knew they were trying to rip off the Fishermen and Woodworkers,but My God the Golfers too?Whats this world coming to???

Steve, if you go for it let me know. They are building a new bridge here and I can make you a great deal on the old one! )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

I'll admit I became a Lifetime member a few years back. They usually offer you several different "gifts" for sending in your money. Overall I don't think they are a bad organization but you can definitely spend your money better elsewhere.

I've tested 3 or 4 products so far valued at $5 or less.

They make most of their money selling you their books and tools. Once I sent back the first book they sent me I've never been bothered since. The tools they offer are low quality, carry their own brand label and are definitely not a bargain price. You can do better buying it at WalMart. I do continue to get their "special offers" and the plastic drill guides just like everyone else.

Their "Handy" magazine is not much different than Family Handyman or something on that order. I have yet to read a negative comment on any of the products reviewed. There is no published comprehensive tool testing/comparison like Wood or the other magazines do.

Their parent company also runs 9 other clubs: http://www.namginc.com/, including the fishing club and golf club.

Bottom line: save your money and hopefully find a use for all those drill guides.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA