Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Dichrocaster" - a laser cut Guitar

john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Latest Pickguard cut from Fire Burl for a friend.
    Graham's Fire Burl PG.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

That makes stained glass look plain. We are all on board and ready for tutorial !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    That makes stained glass look plain. We are all on board and ready for tutorial !!
    Thanks, Mel!! I always like your input when I see it. Simple to machine - the acrylic version cuts on T-saw, bandsaw, etc. and CNC mills nice. Then its easy to sand roundovers or bevels and polish with plastic buffing compound. The PET version with the hardcoat like the Fire Burl pickguard above lasers easiest, but can be bandsawn, even cut with razor knife. The PET (Mylar) surface laminate film has a scratch resistant hardcoat, so it is tough enough to be wiped with dirty rags, any solvent, etc. Inlays are best for that, or just as "onlays" of decorative effects.

Read more about it in my thread in the "Lumber yard" forum - "Machineable Opal . . ." (if you are a contributor).

Sample kits are available - just PM me with your address.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc

Well,thanks. Most kind,John. I can imagine the product even being used on cabinet doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Well,thanks. Most kind,John. I can imagine the product even being used on cabinet doors.
    My Quilted / Figured Carbon Fiber is perfect for that. It glues onto solid wood or plywood, and machines / sands great, then accepts any clear finish. Bookmatch is built right into the mold used to form the carbon fiber.
    CFQuilt-Full-Velvet-CAMPIC.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc