Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else have this problem?

Anyone Else have this problem?

Trying to log into the creek a bunch of times about 10 minutes ago and all I could get is this????

Untitled-1.jpg

then after a while I tried again and all seems to be back to normal...

I have had the same problem today. I thought it was a Spectrum (Time Warner) issue.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I've never seen that screen before. The links/titles are not SMC titles.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I have had the same problem today. I thought it was a Spectrum (Time Warner) issue.
    Ditto...had the problem this morning, worked for about 30 minutes, then failed again. Working at the moment, but who knows how long.

My guess is that a mid-level DNS server got hacked.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I did.
    IMG_1224.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Again, those are not SMC links. I don't know where they lead to but it isn't here.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    It looks like a browser hijack where it is redirecting you to other sites. I would suggest you scan your computer for virus problems and also run an anti malware program.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Since more than one of us has had the issue I doubt anyones computer was hacked. More likely it is what Lee said.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    It looks like a browser hijack where it is redirecting you to other sites.
    A intermittent hijack that comes and goes in a single browser session? Don't think so...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thanks to all who posted about this. I assumed it was a DNS server hack, just like Lee DeRaud and George said. It isn't likely to be local because the problem was distributed across locations and ISP's.
    It was a bit unnerving not to be able to get my SMC fix. Maybe one of the mods could publish the IP address so we could use it instead of the url if this happens again

Doug

I had the same issue this morning and figured there was a server hack involved. I didn't click on any of the links because I knew they were quite possibly intended to get us to a site that could infect our computers. However my bigger concern is did they skim any usable personal information from SMC site? Being that I am a contributor I hope no information of real use is stored on the site. I hope Keith weighs in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    It looks like a browser hijack where it is redirecting you to other sites. I would suggest you scan your computer for virus problems and also run an anti malware program.
    As mentioned earlier, I don't think it's a virus on anyone's computer as a few , if not many , members had the same problem...
    Last edited by Barry McFadden; 03-04-2017 at 9:08 PM.

Same here today.
    C&C WELCOME

I had the problem and just finished a full virus scan with no problems detected. I run Windows 10 and used McAffee anti virus.

I experienced the same glitch as well. I figured that the DNS got highjacked somewhere. One thing I did notice is that there were six cookies downloaded with it, though they didn't appear to be a threat.