Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockler Branding Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Burt View Post
    I would keep going up the chain. Tell them you want proof it was your mistake, see a copy of your order form.
    That makes the most sense for sure. If it is your fault it makes it easier to justify buying the new head, if it is their fault you don't have to feel bad about being angry.

Good Luck!

I would just give them a call and ask for a copy of your order form. If they won't give you a copy then ask to talk to a supervisor, if that doesn't help file a complaint with your credit card company if you paid with one and also with the local BBB. You can only do so much since you didn't keep a copy of your order.

Rockler should step in here on your behalf, if they're interested in good customer service. They can easily require the company to provide a copy of the original order, which will resolve who is at fault. I don't keep a copy of everything that I order online, and I shouldn't have to.

As for Rockler not caring if you post about the problem on a forum, woe be to them.

Just some added information: When you order the head (with the lettering) you do it on the web. You don't submit paper by mail. As Lee suggested above, you can do a screen capture to save a copy of what you submitted.

It would be easy for the company to "adjust" what they send you as "proof" of what you filled out if you don't have a copy.

Mike

[If anyone would like to send a link of this thread to Rockler, the email is customercare@rockler.com. Give them a chance to reply.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 03-06-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Rockler should step in here on your behalf....
    I agree. I wouldn't give up. This is Rockler's responsibility since the purchase was made with them. If dealing with customer service representatives and supervisors doesn't do the trick, write a letter to the president of Rockler, mentioning that the several woodworking websites you had posted to regarding this issue, in consensus, recommended working it out with Rockler.

Write directly to Ann Rockler. I've had good luck getting a response -- but that was several years ago.

I had the same experience with Rockler 2 years ago. They acknowledged they misrepresented their product (claimed the saw blade was 10" when it was only 250mm) but said it was my tough luck. I haven't bought from them since. There are plenty of other companies who don't mislead their customers.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-06-2017 at 3:00 PM.

When I bought a branding iron from Brand New, Ind. last year they sent me proofs and required confirmations all along the way to head off just such a situation.

I had the same experience as Yonak when I ordered my branding iron. They sent me proofs before it was made. But, I agree that they should be responsible enough to show you the form. I've had good luck with the brick and mortar Rockler stores,but not such great luck with their online stuff. Good luck with getting a resolution you can live with.

I sent a note to Rockler giving them a pointer to this thread. Here's their reply:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We have been in contact with this customer and provided proof and documentation of the order confirmation, which he entered directly to our manufacturer. This is a custom order and is non-returnable. The customer did receive the branding iron exactly how he customized it. We would stand behind and fix the mistake if this was an error on our end, however in this case Rockler is not at fault. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Danea
    Rockler Customer Care Team
    customercare@rockler.com
    (800-376-7856)
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

It always amazes me the ignorance of some companies decisions regarding customer complaints. When you consider the cost in advertising dollars to acquire just one customer it seems to me a pretty simple decision. TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER, they are always right (at least in their minds). They just did the unpardonable sin in business, they accommodated themselves and not the customer.

Bill, in the case of a branding iron, one may think it's an only purchase as, who needs more than one ? Therefore, why should they need to bend over backwards to please someone who will not be buying from them again anyway ? However, I had occasion to buy a second branding iron from a company with the prospect of more. After getting good service and a good price on the first one, they nearly doubled the price on the second one, which was even smaller, nixing my decision to buy that one and any more. I've given up trying to figure how some businesses do business.

I ordered a branding iron from an etsy shop called beamerweb. I wanted a logo with my initials so I described what I wanted and he created a model that I had to approve. I could have also created my design and sent it to him. No chance for a mistake because his process takes the model and creates the stamp in brass. Very good experience.