Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ya'll not gonna believe this

Blog Entries
    Hi Brian....for the 2" and longer focal length lenses the cone is the same. For the 1.5" lens (38mm) the focal length is so short that you have no space between a standard cone and your material. So the cone for that lens is much shorter/squatter. Be sure to let Blanca know that for that tube assembly you want to be sure it has the shorter cone needed for a 38mm lens. Also, I dont believe they have spacers (the little acrylic focusing space they provide) for anything but the 50mm lens that comes stock with the machine. So you will need to do a focal length test on it. If you search for the term "ramp test" on here you will see how it is done. Then you can cut your own acrylic focusing spacer for that size lens. You will need to do the same thing for any other lens length you buy. And....to be honest, with as much variation as you find on these lenses I would be tempted to do a ramp test on the 50mm they give you to be sure the spacer is spot on. And....if you ever have to make use of your spare lenses, or buy replacements later on, redo the ramp test on that new lens as well. Remember the depth of field on all these lenses is wicked short so small variations make a difference.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

What David says. My laser machine hat the 51 mm lens installed and I got a 8 mm focus tool with it. This tool was useless because several ramp tests learned that the focus was 9.5 mm (and after turning the lens with concave side up it now is 6.5 mm).
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.