Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya'll not gonna believe this

Ya'll not gonna believe this

Hello Everyone .... Well I finally got to pick up my Laser today !!!!!!!!!!! ))))))))) .... I have to admit it sure was a rocky road and there is so much I could say ... but for the most part I think most of my problems pertained to the Broker Blanca chose .... I have to build a cradle to load it on the Cart I built for it yet .... one thing I did notice unpacking ... my Rotary is not wired with a plug for easy hookup .... is this normal ?

Well at least now I can be a part of the community .... so expect more posts from me as I begin the journey

Brian

Blog Entries
    Hi Brian! Glad you got the beast but bummed you had some problems. Be sure to let Blanca know about your problems with the Broker. In my case I chose my broker; a company local to me in Seattle. We worked together well and had no problems that were under the broker's control (west coast dock workers slowdown.) Let her know whatever happened.

Regarding the rotary. Mine has a round 3 pin connector that is easy to connect by first removing an existing round connector. Remember you rotary is replacing one axis in your machine. So you are disconnecting that control and substituting the rotary for it. When done you swap the wires back to restore the normal axis control.

Here is a photo of my connector. It could easily be a different style on their current machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congrats on the new baby Brian. Glad to hear you got your machine.

Hey Brian, glad it has arrived. I am going to email Blanca at ask about the Broker as I think she is using the same one she is using for me. The feedback from this forum is a big part of why I chose Ray Fine. It is not good for anyone's buisness to work with partners who disappoint customers. have fun and keep us updated.
    Dan

Blog Entries
    Daniel,

For what it is worth, when I worked with my Broker here in Seattle I was proactive and contacted them with lots of information about the delivery. I made sure they had a map of how to get to my home and where the truck should come for an easy drop off. I gave them photos of the delivery area and the alley they had to use to get to it. And I made sure they understood the surface they were going to be on so they had a good method to unload the truck and get the items onto the driveway. From there I could deal with everything with some rented equipment. Everything went smoothly and the delivery man came prepared and grateful for all the information.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Brian, that's good news, I'm happy for you. I picked my own shipping agent (bought my machine FOB), and had no hassle at all. About the machine, be sure to check all nuts and bolts, many of them were very loose on my machine, especially the locking nuts on the mirror mounts, the bolts on the window hinges and also the bolts on the motor mounts of the Z-table.

Also check the spare lenses, I found two of them were used ones, very dirty (was an easy clean though) and one of them had a scratch.

I informed Blanca about this all and she is handling it nicely.

Now that you have the machine, you will surely be busy at first installing everything, checking all kinds of alignments and bed-levelling, do laserpower tests, material tests etc. It's a great way to familiarize yourself with the machine.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Blog Entries

Brian, as far as I can tell, every machine has rotary connection three wire on an external panel. Now, on the rotary itself, the connector has been spliced into the cable from the motor. I'll bet they forgot to add the connector, but they should have tested it! Look at everything else and holler at Blanca. Glad you finally got it. Btw, I wasn't too pleased with my broker either, a BIG player on the west coast, but I think it is to be expected. They are so used to dealing with Corp and not individuals and single shipments.....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Hi all .... thanx for the well wishes .... as far as the Rotary .... as far as I can tell they never unwrapped the Rotary from the manufacturer the wires are still wrapped up with bare wire ends and no coupler ?

I'm hoping to have it on the Cart by Thursday night .... have to wait for help to arrive to help lift it .... bigger and heavier than I thought !

Brian

Brian, this is how the cable on my rotary from Ray fine looks:

I guess yours should look the same.
    Sublimation stuff.

With only 3 wires it must be a 3 phase stepper motor. Do a online search for that and you will find a suggested wiring diagram. But unless you can solder that may not be the answer to installing the plug. I would contact Ray Fine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Guess the Creek is keeping Ray Fine so busy selling machines they don't have time to run a final assembly check, and that's not good...

Just me, but simply throwing a bare-wired rotary onto the pallet and calling it a day is simply unacceptable. They should send you all the missing plugs and whatnot with some decent instructions at the very least...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Well I have it lifted on the Cart and to say I'm pretty disappointed is an understatement ... both side doors don't open properly there is a dial on the front of the machine I have no idea what it's for ..... no documentation at all for anything for the machine including the Chiller .... it looks like one of the couplers for y axis is way out of alignment ... have no idea what controller is in the machine .... although this is not a top of the line machine .... but I would think that for the amount of money I paid for it I would feel I didn't get an ebay equivalent laser ..... I will be writing to Blanca .... but at this point not sure what she can do for me ..... like I said I'm not feeling to happy now for all the wait and expense to end up with this kind of disappointment ..... sorry to Rant and I really do apologize .... I can post pictures as soon as I take some if anyone is interested.

Brian

Blog Entries
    I will say that they don't send much except a CD with some files and instructions and a few videos. Take some photos and email Blanca. No excuse for the missing connection on the rotary. And on all my doors except the one over the tube are not hinged. Any hinged should open and close decently. And a dial? Not the ammeter? But a dial? WTH would that be for? Y axis coupler doesn't sound good, that will throw things out of alignment quick. Controller is simple, should be marked as to model inside. Yes, it should be better than eBay machine.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Sorry to hear that Brian. Please post a picture of the front of your machine, with the controller dispaly and the dialer. And maybe also one, or two sharp ones from the electronics compartment so that we can help you to identify the parts, especially the controller.

But I also suppose that you got a detailed final proposal with all the parts listed? There should be your controller mentioned also.

About the chiller, I didn't get a manual also, but it's pretty well explained on the DVD, not much to it. Can you post a picture of the Y-axis coupler because I don't get exactly what you mean (English is not my mother language)?

Now I think of it, I've seen laser machines with dialers with which you can control laser power during a job. Those were very cheap lasers though.
    Sublimation stuff.

Blog Entries
    Erik, if you look at. The cable for the rotary, you have a connector on the end, and it is a different wire for a few centimeters back to a change to the larger line he does not have that last section with the connector And i have a better copy of the chiller manual i can email you.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser