Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya'll not gonna believe this

Hello Everyone .... well I emailed Blanca and no response so far ... I hope it's because she is busy or something like that ... normally she responds right away.

I took a few pics of what I have found so far 1st and 2nd is a pic of the door covering the controller area

Next pic is of the Controller I believe and I found no Identifying number

Pic 4 I think I found out what the knob is for .... there are 2 fans at the front of the Machine and I think it Controls them

Pic 5 is of the Second Mirror .... never seen anything like this .... wonder how long this will stay clean ?

Pic 6 is about the bent shaft with the Y axis I believe ... this truly is not good

Pics 7 & 8 are of the Rotary and how I received it.

Not sure what to do going forward .... I will wait to see what Blanca says ... surely she can see the Quality is just not there .P1040389.jpgP1040390.jpgP1040391.jpgP1040392.jpgP1040393.jpgP1040394.jpgP1040395.jpgP1040396.jpg

If you look at the top edge of the controller where the Red and green wire connector plugs in you should find the controller cable.

I had to got my phone in there and snap a picture to be able to see it in mine.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

The controller looks a lot like mine, I'd have to check to see if there's a name on it-- The mirror is pretty much Chinese standard issue, mine's also out in the open like that. It doesn't dirty up all that fast. That Y connection looks scary, unless that's a bonafide genuine actual articulating sleeve of some kind... The no plug on the wires is just plain lazy, and so is the fact there's no place to plug it into anyway (which I'm assuming)

The doors not fitting great, a block of 2x4 and a hammer might fix the door edges easy enough.

The whole thing just screams 'too busy to keep up'. Which I can relate to, but if I'm behind at work, I work harder... <toot>

found a pic of my controller- don't look like there's much to it, but it's still workin' so I'm not complainin!
    tripower1.jpg
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 03-09-2017 at 5:22 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Can you adjust the motor down to align the shaft? Slotted holes? The flexible coupling is doing its job but it shouldn't be as flexxed, that's an adjustment issue

never seen a direct-drive Y setup either, all of my machines have gear reduction to drive the Y axis...

just an observation...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Blog Entries
    Well, I kind of feel bad. I hate recommending folks that I have no control over, but I do like to share good experiences.
    This looks bad in my opinion. (and having a fiber on a plane today doesn't give me the warm fuzzies either!)
    1.Yes, block of wood to tap the door close to square.
    2.Stupid on the rotary, just stupid. I can't believe NO One noticed that! and on my rotary at least it is a covered cable, not three loose wires, gee at least put a wrap around it, but no, someones didn't even look at it.
    3.Mirror is like mine, they are open, but I've cleaned mine a couple of times with nothing apparent on them. Should be ok.
    4. knob, I'll bet it controls the 'front fan' I don't have that, is there a separate fan in your cabinet? my power supply has fan, and the laser PS has a fan. They run all the time while powered up.
    5. DANG, they didn't even get the meter square with the cabinet, or is it your picture!!!!!
    6. WTF, Contact microswitches? Really? They should work probably better than the non contact switches, but it's like going back in time. And they can fail due to crap getting in them. Is it a Canadian thing? CS?
    7.DANG IT! Does that shaft rub on something? Bent? Looks like it does have a flex in the connector, but that is WAY more than I'd be comfortable with. And ANOTHER dang microswitch!
    8. Ok, my controller looks like picture below..... BIG label on the front. And another thing I notice. Do you?
    controler.jpg
    All my connections save a few are silicone sealed. May not matter much, but it shows a reasonable care was taken.

No, they threw this machine together quick....... Just before or just after New Year's holiday?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Ok, so someone help me out with 'controllers'...
    You guy's controllers are MUCH busy-er than mine, mine is pretty sparce as to places to connect wires--
    But I also have 2 separate X and Y drivers...
    XYcontrollers.jpg

Are your XY drivers part of that controller, or mounted elsewhere like mine?

Sorry to hijack, just curious as to the electronics differences in these things!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I'll pile on to what others have said and add in - what's with the rust? Is it just the pics or is there quite a bit of rust on some of the parts? I was considering a fiber from them but not now, that's just shoddy work!

If you are talking about the knob next to the ammeter, that is for controlling the power. My Shenhui had one, my Longtai does not. It is very handy for lowering the power to do a test engraving wihout actually changing any settings. (Just remember to turn it all the way back up before you run a real job.) It's also handy when quickly checking alignment. Lower the power and you don't burnm thru the tape.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Gary, I don't see any rust, mine is free of it, all I see is anodized gold aluminum.... Brian can pipe in if there is any. And Kev, the y,x and z controllers are separate from main controller. My x,y are same, z is different model. Interesting that they would put in separate switch for power. Controller has separate button to set max and minutes you want.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Thank You all for your input .... There is no Rust at all on my Machine that I can find ... I was hoping to know what controller I had for RDWorks

John Noell would they have put that knob knowing I want to engrave my Pens ?

John Lifer ... there are only a few connections that are Sealed and yes the milliamp meter is on crooked .... the bent shaft has me really worried and I looked a little closer tonight and not sure a fix ?

Like I said I'm hoping Blanca gets back to me with solutions.

Brian

The motor should be mounted with elongated holes to adjust it

Personally, I'd like to see some not-so-close-up shots-- closeups are good to see the bad, but not so good to check for a possible remedy- especially with that Y stepper-- And I'd love to see the X guide rail, etc...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Blog Entries
    Brian, I am not home right now but will look at my machine when I get back and compare with your photos.
    I did check a listing of Chinese holidays and noted that the other day was a women's day holiday which might explain the delay in Blanca responding to you. Basically women got the day off. The calendar I was looking at said that some companies extend it into the weekend.

Just speculating.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    I had email from her on Wed giving me tracking number for my fiber, I thought I had emailed her yesterday asking for Ascension Number, but it didn't go thru! Dang tablet and Yahoo! I've emailed her today at 1pm and haven't heard back. I usually don't hear from her till about 5-6pm central which should be early morning for those in China.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser