Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 30 Watt Fiber Laser

New 30 Watt Fiber Laser

I have ordered a new 30 watt fiber laser from Ray Fine. It should be here next week via FedEx. I bought a desktop model and included the cyclops camera system to try it out. I will report back on how useful (or not) I find it.

Can anyone recommend anything I need to buy other than a computer? Anything that I would need that I would not have for my other engravers?

They just sent me pictures of my laser being built.

fiber3.jpgfiber2.jpgfiber.jpg
    Last edited by Kristian Matz; 03-07-2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: pictures
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

My understanding is that machine comes with computer and pre-loaded software ready to run.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Its Not coming Fed Ex as you and I know it. Its coming Fed Ex Freight I am pretty sure, and not air freight. Hopefully they will also act as a Broker. Did they give you a delivery date? Mine (portable) came DHL Air and it took way to long going through customs nearly two weeks before I received.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Bill, Did you ever determine what the hold up was in Customs?

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Kristian,

What fiber did you get from them? (Mopar etc?) Just curious.
    Like Tony, I thought those came with a computer with everything preloaded and tested. You might check before you buy something.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I asked about a computer and was told it is not included. They can get me one, but they suggested that I could do better on my own, which is fine with me.

The laser is coming FedEx Air 5 business day service. It was originally coming DHL, but they looked at it and FedEx was cheaper for the larger shipment. I import from China all the time, air shipments customs are generally handled by the shipping company, when we bring in containers via ocean my shipping company handles it.

Its a standard IPG 30 watt fiber. The only thing that is different about this one is the cyclops camera system.

I forgot to ask, do I need to worry about exhaust on this type of laser like I do on my Trotec?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Matz View Post
    I asked about a computer and was told it is not included. They can get me one, but they suggested that I could do better on my own, which is fine with me.

The laser is coming FedEx Air 5 business day service. It was originally coming DHL, but they looked at it and FedEx was cheaper for the larger shipment. I import from China all the time, air shipments customs are generally handled by the shipping company, when we bring in containers via ocean my shipping company handles it.

Its a standard IPG 30 watt fiber. The only thing that is different about this one is the cyclops camera system.
    So on an item that big Air Freight, what was the cost???

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Bill, Did you ever determine what the hold up was in Customs?

Dave
    It was DHL, and a lack of caring and communication.

Blog Entries
    Bill,

Was that on the part of Customs, the shipper, Blanca? Again, just curious where things fall apart with these shipments.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Kristian,

As near I can tell from following our other Fiber Galvo users here their photos show an external Vacuum attachment. This is an open machine so having a flex tube (like a Loctite tube that can be bent to position and stays in place, would probably work fine attached to your existing flower with a gate on it to control the suction. I use those Loctite tubes on my CNC and my wood lathe and they are great. They stay where you aim them and are sturdy. There is also a variety of fittings and ends for them. I got mine at my local Woodcraft.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Looks good, my little 20 watt should have left Monday, hoping to hear by next week. But no telling about the shipping company and customs. Btw, it appears that the fibers sold in the past came with computers. Almost none do now. That is in my researching of several companies recently. Another way they can save a few dollars. And I got my second monitor, wireless mouse and keyboard set up for the fiber. And Kev! I took off the F2 key!
    Last edited by John Lifer; 03-07-2017 at 9:36 PM.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I am not sure the exact cost. I was quoted on a portable style machine which included shipping, when I changed to the full size version they added a few hundred for additional shipping.

I am getting the following: Desk 30w IPG, rotary axis, rotary table, 2d working table, cyclops camera, ezcad 2.12.7, spare lens 200x200mm and 2 pairs of protective glasses. Fed-ex to the door

Deleted - I posted a reply here to another post...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Matz View Post
    I am not sure the exact cost. I was quoted on a portable style machine which included shipping, when I changed to the full size version they added a few hundred for additional shipping.

I am getting the following: Desk 30w IPG, rotary axis, rotary table, 2d working table, cyclops camera, ezcad 2.12.7, spare lens 200x200mm and 2 pairs of protective glasses. Fed-ex to the door
    Last edited by Gary Hair; 03-27-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Looks good, my little 20 watt should have left Monday, hoping to hear by next week. But no telling about the shipping company and customs. Btw, it appears that the fibers sold in the past came with computers. Almost none do now. That is in my researching of several companies recently. Another way they can save a few dollars. And I got my second monitor, wireless mouse and keyboard set up for the fiber. And Kev! I took off the F2 key!

Something you could check if you want to leave the F2 key on the keyboard...my version of EZcad (2.9.4) has an option that opens a dialog box to confirm that you want to start marking. Under parameters (F3), select the "Other" tab and check the box beside "Show start mark dialog". Now when you click "Mark" or press F2, a box will open to confirm that you want to start marking.