Thread: Birdseye maple source

Birdseye maple source

I used to be able to buy wide birdseye maple boards from my local lumberyard but no more. Made quite a few large platters as gifts. Wide is always difficult but does anyone have a good source for birdseye maple? Have looked online of course but was looking for personal recommendation. Thanks

over the years i've bought several pieces from here - http://www.marksmanwood.com/
    always good pieces. and if you don't see the size you want contact him and they will get what you want

jerry
    jerry

Depends on where you're located, but I get most of my lumber locally from http://www.macbeath.com - not as overpriced as some seem to think for the quality and a great selection.

Try bellforestproducts.com they are located in Upper Michigan but ship all over the planet. Ask for Eric. Excellent customer service.

Thank you all so much!

Concur with trying Bell Forest Products in Michigan. No longer inexpensive, but I had need for some birdseye Maple showing color variegation with some darker heartwood, including birdseye in the sapwood and they were easily able to comply to my satisfaction.

Also used Bell Forest Products. I called once and asked for and got a stack of short & wide pieces.

Was at MLCondon in White Plains, NY on Friday and they had a fair selection of Birdseye separated out. You would likely need to visit. I have purchased Tiger Maple from Irion in Wellsboro, PA and they do have an on-line presence though targeted towards furniture builders.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius