Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Yet another shop build.... McFarlane

I stood on soft mats like those at work and found my feet didn't like it because the boots would flex a little, putting more pressure on it instep. The firmer rubber of the horse mats still cushions without deforming as much. You could get one and try it for a while and see how you like it. They don't cost as much as some of the anti-fatigue mats.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    I stood on soft mats like those at work and found my feet didn't like it because the boots would flex a little, putting more pressure on it instep. The firmer rubber of the horse mats still cushions without deforming as much. You could get one and try it for a while and see how you like it. They don't cost as much as some of the anti-fatigue mats.

Pete
    Thanks Peter. There are plenty of tack stores in my area to check them out. I currently have the cheap SAMs club foam tiles and they work amazingly well, but I want something even a little more cushy.
    Mark McFarlane

trim.jpgditch.jpg

Ditch has been dug for electrical service. Trim has been painted. Walls should get painted today.

SCM called me and my new toys have cleared customs, so now I have to arrange for the last 50 miles of shipment (but I need a driveway poured first)

Epoxy floor is scheduled for week of July 11th, so hopefully I'll start moving in on the 16th...
    Last edited by mark mcfarlane; 06-30-2017 at 9:41 AM.
    Mark McFarlane

So awesome, man. Congrats again. Sorry for your landscaping, but the grass will grow back.

Beautiful! You've come a long way, you must be excited!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'm so tired (been working 10-12 hour days on the shop for 4 months) that it is hard to get excited. But I'll get there. I mostly just want to crank up the AC and sit in my stool...
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    I'm so tired (been working 10-12 hour days on the shop for 4 months) that it is hard to get excited. But I'll get there. I mostly just want to crank up the AC and sit in my stool...
    But you're retired...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    But you're retired...
    I spent 40 years sitting at a desk.

What I've chosen to do in retirement is much more physical, but I'm also getting in better shape. Over the past 7 months I've probably restored my strength and endurance to what they were to 5-10 years ago.
    Mark McFarlane

Yea, I understand...it was just too good an opportunity to pass up on, however..."retired" doesn't mean "no work"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    ... and sit in my stool...
    Gross. But I don't judge.

IMG_2815.jpg

Still no power, but the floor is done so I moved in today. Stationary and benchtop tools start arriving next week. Lighting is 4 LED strips sitting on chairs and counter tops. Its gonna be really bright when all 30 are lit up....

I had a heck of a time tonight installing my base cabinets. Built Euro style / frameless boxes using an MFT, parallel guides, and a track saw. There is very little tolerance to the boxes not being perfectly sized/square. 1mm off in width from front to back adds up when you put 7 of them in a row and want the sides to be tight against each other.

I'm pretty sure the lengths of components are all uniform, I was very careful. I am guessing I didn't seat every dado fully. The bottoms, backs, and top braces and all dadoed. Add in a crooked wall and it took some thought and re-engineering. At least I recessed the backs so I could trim the backs where the wall bulged.

Anyway, I worked 14 hours on this today, Time for a bath, some Motrin, and bed
    Mark McFarlane

Sweet! The floor looks really nice.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Mark, very nice. Also agree with Bruce on the nice looking floor. Best regards, Patrick

Thanks Bruce and Patrick.
    Mark McFarlane

Awesome, Mark, just awesome! Almost (ALMOST) makes me want to speed up time to retirement so I can do such a thing!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.