Thread: Confused about my A3-31

Confused about my A3-31

Hi all,

I have a 5" flex hose ready to hook up to my A3-31, but the collection port is 4.75"

Is there a recommended adapter for this? Should I just call Hammer/Felder and ask them?

I have been having trouble connecting with them.

Thank you.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Yep, look in the plumbing section at your local BORG for Fernco couplers, no duct tape needed.

I don't have a local BORG so if you have an online recommendation that would be very helpful.

Thank you

No need to call Felder unless you want to buy euro size hose.

wrap some 1" blue paint tape on the port until 5" flex hose fits.

Pretty sure I got an adaptor from Felder it convert from 4 inch to millimeters on the Hammer. Check their website.

Blog Entries
    Fernco's in various sizes here and elsewhere.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Fernco works perfectly for my a3-41

4" ABS pipe also has the exact OD that fits the ID of the port on the Hammer. My flex pipe is screwed to a short section of said pipe, and the pipe makes a nice "coupler" to plug into the port.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sayen View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 5" flex hose ready to hook up to my A3-31, but the collection port is 4.75"

Is there a recommended adapter for this? Should I just call Hammer/Felder and ask them?

I have been having trouble connecting with them.

Thank you.
    Hi John, the A3-31 has a 120mm port, you're trying to put 5" hose on it.

I bought their right angle adapter part number 02.0.020 http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US...connector.html

This is still a 120mm diameter, I used self adhesive weatherstrip to increase to the correct diameter for my hose.

The right angle connector makes it very easy to attach or remove, and the right angle keeps it out of the way, especially in planer mode.........Regards, Rod.

P.S. before I bought the Felder part I used a 5" HVAC elbow that I crimped to mate with the 120mm port. It was a bit fiddly because it wsn't as round as a cast adapter.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 03-08-2017 at 8:12 AM. Reason: Added post script

Blog Entries
    Fernco connectors are always handy for conversions. Just google 'fernco connector'. Lots of online sources.

my 5" flex hose fits nicely over the dust port on my A3-31 and then i tighten the 5" hose clamp. I never have to move it as I change between planer and jointer mode. I have it hooked to a 2.5HP Oneida dust gorilla and it sucks up all the shavings and dust.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered their right angle adapter when I ordered my A3-31. Works great.