Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 watt Ray Fine Fiber

Blog Entries
    Very cool John! Congrats!!!!

Custom engraved Coke cans? A niche market certainly. Hopefully it is lucrative for you!! <teasing grin>

I keep meaning to ask where (roughly) you are in Arkansas? I worked a few years at Hot Springs National Park. Worked a lot of night shifts so I didnt get to explore the state too much, but a bit. A pretty state.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Way up in NW corner. Near the Walmart empire, but closer to the Tyson chicken empire....
    Dang they stink!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    I agree John! Walmart could be cleaner! (grin)
    Chickens? Love to eat em, but as neighbors large scale? Ima NIMBY!
    I went to college in rural ME and our nextdoor neighbor was a chicken facility. Every morning, as you sat down to eat eggs in the cafeteria, they fired up the incinerators to get rid of the night's fowl fatalities. Ughhhhh. Eggs lost their luster until my nose got used to it.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congratulations John, that is a slick setup. How much does the fibre weigh in total? Did you really need the forklift because of the weight or was it just an easy way to move the box?
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Blog Entries
    It only weights about 175 pounds max. I think 300 odd kilos marked. So 150.

No, I guess if I had another good back here I could have moved it by hand, DHL sure didn't want to do more than push to side door. But I had the forks, and I could fasten securely to move around house to basement. I have about a 5ft drop in elevation front to back and didn't want to tip it. And tractor likes to run....
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Looks good. DHL says mine will come today, I am not holding me breath.
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Well, after a few days, I finally got my fiber in.
    It was ready to come home the other day. I was out of town at the NBM show and DHL called and said he was putting on the van, did I have a way to unload, he couldn't do by himself.
    Well, as a matter of fact, yes, my small tractor has a set of forks I put on the bucket to move things around with. But I'm not home and my daughter won't try it.
    So we agreed to hold it to this morning. Got the call at 9, and the girl arrived at 9:30 and I unloaded it in about 2 minutes.
    Then was able to bring around to my door and unpack. No damage, Boxed really well with a bunch of plastic foam. Not styro, but plastic. Good stuff.
    Attachment 356560Attachment 356561

I then unpacked and moved it all in. Great day, 80 degrees so, I had good afternoon.
    It took me an hour to figure out the configuration and setup, Ray fine send disk, and also a thumb drive. These things sometimes need the thumbdrive, but no, it contained the software and setups for the laser.
    I have two lens and laser has to be configured for each. Guess I need to try and read manual too!
    At any rate, it WORKS! I've already played with aluminum and stainless and coke can along with PC flashlight and a drill chuck that was just laying there!

Attachment 356562
    My cheap setup, would have made the table bigger, but that was the size of my Melamine mdf sheets I had on hand. I'll move it out farther to get the lens centered over the table proper.
    Now I just have to come up with settings for the stuff I want to do!
    There were two files with mine on something, I don't recall if it was a USB drive or CD? Anyway all ready to go for 100 mm and 150 mm lens. Do you need?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Bill, It has both on my thumb drive! I thought initially they were same files, (most of them are), but they are there. Now, I've got a f=160mm lens and a f=210 Not 100 and 150!
    I'll play with them both, I do know instructions for the settings were for the 210mm as there is a drawing showing the focus distance for the 210mm lens. I'll look closer!

Thanks!
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser