Thread: Need bearings for old Carba-Tec

Need bearings for old Carba-Tec

I have had a hm1a carba-tec lathe for many years. Of course it's discontinued but I may need to replace the headstock bearings. I have a copy of the owners manual that shows the parts, but not the size of the bearings. The bearings are probably a standard size, but it would be nice to know what size they are before I take the thing apart and run all over town looking for bearings. Can anyone help me out?

Talbert - is there a parts number for the bearings in your owners manual? Should be able to cross-reference it online.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Check your local Yellow Pages for a bearing supply house. A good one can match any bearing you can come up with.

My manual doesn't give a number for the bearings. A Google search didn't show anything either. Best bet would be to take it apart to find out.

McMaster-Carr is a good source for bearings.

I have used VXB Bearings a number of times with excellent results. All you need to do is measure the OD, ID, and thickness. If you call them they will walk you through ordering the proper bearings.
    http://www.vxb.com/default.asp

when you take the old bearings out there might be a number stamped on the casing of the old bearing. (but am sure you are already aware of that) if so just google that number and you will have what you need

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll take your advice, remove the bearings and go from there. As it turns out, there is a very good bearings supplier right here in Phoenix!

try Boca Bearings in Florida