Thread: Woodturning Gatherings?

Woodturning Gatherings?

I recently came across mention of the Utah Woodturning Symposium and wondered about other such gatherings. Are there any other events like this across the country? Any favorites?

Look up regional woodturning symposiums on the AAW website. The National AAW symposium is in Kansas City in late June.

SWAT, Waco, Tx, August 25-27, 2017. Great regional gathering. Lots of vendors. Superior demonstrations by national and regional woodturners. Check it out at https://www.swaturners.org/. - John
    Last edited by John King; 03-12-2017 at 1:19 PM.

I take it the AAW National Symposium is the largest gathering. It seems some of these groups are not part of the AAW.

There is an Arizona Woodturning event in spring next year. It runs every other year. We have ours up here in Oregon on the alternate years. Ours is next weekend.

robo hippy

The national symposium is always fun. I go every year. The best value symposium IMHO is SWAT. Roughly 1K tuners present very reasonable price and a lot of fun. Utah is a great event. One of the best demonstrator lineups going and lots of fun. As a demonstrator its hard to beat Utah. Plenty of places to have fun all around the country.

Alan

Ditto for the SWAT. Great event held in Waco, tx.