Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

13 Mar 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
    It's been a really tough week of oncall duty for the day job. 3 hours sleep since early Saturday morning and I'm past exhausted.
    Nothing going on in the shop at the moment, been helping the LOML with an upholstery job for a friend. And still learning how to cook when time permits on Saturdays.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Really didn't get anything done over the weekend. Working on a top secret birthday present for my oldest daughter, got a major glue up done on Friday and had planned to get it out of the clamps, it just didn't happen that way.

Diann and I went to Canada Blooms/Home Show, that may have been a mistake.

Diann now has all sorts of ideas to add to the job list

17192315_779002542260831_4224700397431213489_o.jpg

I finished the randomness portion of this, now to get the next panel cut and then mix the pieces!!

A productive but frustrating weekend....
    Finished paint on sub woofer amp and wiring of trigger to turn on... not wood working but my other passion/obsession
    Finished box joint sled jig and put it to use on a replacement steamer trunk tray for my mother in law. Jig worked very well.
    Cut up all pieces for the tray and glued up.... that where the frustration came in.... glue up did not go well.... its together but not as pretty as dry fit was.... all part of learning I guess

FINALLY... I have a workbench! Final two coats of BLO/Spar varnish/mineral spirits... Ready to work!

Mike

IMG_0742.jpg

Blog Entries
    LOML was sick all weekend. I spent my time nursing, cooking, cleaning and taking care of all of the household chores.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stockdale View Post
    FINALLY... I have a workbench! Final two coats of BLO/Spar varnish/mineral spirits... Ready to work!

Mike

IMG_0742.jpg
    Very Nice, I hope to have one this nice some day!

Sean

WP_20170312_16_27_25_Pro.jpg
    Getting close to finishing my red oak Roubo workbench. Need to drill some holdfast holes and maybe add a sliding deadman. Working with a solid slab was a bear.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stockdale View Post

Mike

IMG_0742.jpg
    That is absolutely gorgeous. Almost too beautiful to work on.

First weekend at home for a while. Two weeks ago I was in Las Vegas for the USBC Open bowling tournament, and last weekend I was up in Minneapolis to visit my fiance. She is there on a contract job for 13 weeks.
    Anyway, this weekend I had another bowling tournament on Saturday. Then yesterday it was cleaning day. And then I got to playing with a Raspberry PI micro-computer. Looking to make a game cabinet eventually.
    Oh yeah, I did clean up some of the yard of the flotsam and jetsam from the wind storms lately.

With my dad's help, I started and finished drywalling my office shed in about 9 hours of work over Saturday and Sunday.
    It must be said, drywall lifts are such a wonderful and helpful invention! I rented one for the ceiling and upper walls on Saturday and finished the lower part of the walls (with all the outlet cutouts) on Sunday.
    I also rented a small interior scaffold to help with the next steps (mudding and taping: my least favorite part of construction).
    ~Garth

IMG_7792.jpg

Started my handtool cabinet build. Decided to repurpose an old bookshelf instead of tossing it. Eventually will build a nice one but this should work for now!

No woodworking for me since I'm still in central Florida dealing with my father's medical situation. But I did get some "pony" time on Saturday when a long-time friend who lives in Florida now came to a beautiful equestrian facility right up the street from where the 'rents live and I got to hang out and photograph them. Dealing with a family member's medical issues is very stressful, especially while trying to also work "the real job" simultaneously while living in hotel rooms. So I was very thankful for the diversion.

That said, I also get to miss "da storm"...Professor Dr. SWMBO and the girls will have to deal with it. (eek!)

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I cleaned up my basement remodel/shop move to the smaller space. Needed to make room to host a Pinewood Derby build. Had only the Scout troop leader and son show. So with my son we had 2 boys. I will have another one next Sunday, the following Saturday is the big race. This is my son's last year, he is transitioning to Boy Scouts now. Dan